Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cold shot

Creamer

Athens
Cold shot today. Not perfect, but acceptable.

Jamie

Ohio
are those paper target faces or duramesh or something else? seems like they hold up pretty well

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
  • Haha
Reactions: Big_Holla

Creamer

Athens
are those paper target faces or duramesh or something else? seems like they hold up pretty well
They are like a medium weight plastic sheeting. If you search online, they are called Nice Targets. They have a ton of different faces. I need to order a few more deer, I'm on my last one. Once they are shot up, they are recyclable.

Today's cold arrow after not shooting yesterday, a smidge high but in the ring from 24.

Next 3 on the dik-dik were good for me.

It won't be too much longer and the dress rehearsal stuff will be over with.

Creamer

Athens
Cold shot today on the dik-dik from about 18 with a Stinger 4-blade.

I did a little bow maintenance, also. One of my cat whiskers silencers started to fall apart, so I replaced it. I noticed a few days ago my bow seemed a tad louder, then I noticed this. Most of the upper one was gone.

Earlier this spring, I put a set of these limb groove dampeners on. I like them, they seemed to make a difference...but I had major issues unstringing the bow. They were in the way. Enough was enough, so they came off and I stuck them to some wax paper to save in case I decide to try them again someday. I replaced them with what I had always used in the past, the soft half of an adhesive Velcro strip. It works well and it's not in the way.

Creamer

Athens
Compared to this point last year, waffling between two different bows, my confidence is substantially higher. I am by no means a long range archer with a recurve, but I picked a good spot and dropped 4 from 32 into a small area today.

I finished off with 4 from a kneeling position (plan to hunt from the ground some this fall) at 18. Tugged one a hair left but dead is dead.

Creamer

Athens
My first two from about 18 on Friday. I heard a loud slap and knew they were tight together.

Upon closer inspection.

Once I got the wrap off, the arrow was a loss. It split up partway through the fletchings. I was a few MM from a Robin Hood, which would have at least made the financial loss more interesting. 🤦‍♂️:LOL: