Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cold shot

Creamer

Athens
Maybe I missed it, but what does that stick weigh? (See where I’m going with this?)

31" arrow 9.8 gr/inch 303.8 grains
50 grain brass insert
150 grain tip
Wrap 5 grains
Nock 11 grains
3 5" feathers 3.6gr/each so 10.8

530.6 grains

It's by no means a super heavyweight but it packs a pretty good punch.

Reactions: giles

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
40 yards cold bore. Very slightly back but I'll take it every time at that distance.

“Slightly back.” Get the fugg our of here with that Creamer! 😂

Reactions: Creamer

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
OK, you have to admit this one was a touch back. I'd never shoot a deer at 40 yards with this bow here in Ohio but it's fun shooting this distance in practice.

Ok, I can buy that. lol. I do agree with you... shooting at long range with a trad bow is incredibly fun. There’s just something about lobbing an arrow. Watching it literally fall into the kill zone is a special feeling.

Creamer

Athens
Ok, I can buy that. lol. I do agree with you... shooting at long range with a trad bow is incredibly fun. There’s just something about lobbing an arrow. Watching it literally fall into the kill zone is a special feeling.

What helps me tremendously on these shots at home is that I have figured out with the new bow/arrow setup I have a good focal point to drop the arrow in on the deer. I have a piece of wood on the top of the target frame that I can suspend a balloon or whatever from to shoot. If I focus on that spot, it's about the perfect trajectory to drop in on the deer.

Creamer

Athens
Cold group, in the rain, 40 yards. One I'm happy with, two I tolerate, and the other one.

I'm working a lot on shrinking my groups past the 18-20 yards I shoot most of the time. This was from like 23-24.

Finished with a 4 shot group on the deer at 20.