Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cold shot

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
18 yards this morning.

Attachments

• 0915180930b-1-1.jpg
    0915180930b-1-1.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 171

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I used to be really good with these things. I know I've told Jamie before that reading "Instinctive Shooting " by Fred Asbell dang near ruined me. Having shot rather poorly last time out, I thought about what I'd done wrong. And for those of you that are relatively new to this, thinking back on good shots vs poor shots does work. Visualization, they call it. Anyway, I strolled out there today and pounded the targets after realizing my issue the other day was a demon I picked up from that blasted book! I shot about as good today as I have in the last 20 years or so. It's easy when you do it right. Tomorrow I won't do it right.
IMG_2426.JPG

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Today went very well for me. 20 yds and under is making me really confident.

At the longer ranges, I often find myself pulling shots left. I can only figure it's either a shitty follow through or a "bumpy" release. Or both. Either way, when I get it right it feels really good and the shot is usually true. I need to keep working at the longer ranges where there's less room for error. It'll only make those sub-20 shots that much better.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Today went very well for me. 20 yds and under is making me really confident.

At the longer ranges, I often find myself pulling shots left. I can only figure it's either a shitty follow through or a "bumpy" release. Or both. Either way, when I get it right it feels really good and the shot is usually true. I need to keep working at the longer ranges where there's less room for error. It'll only make those sub-20 shots that much better.
Generally, pulling to the left comes from holding the bow at anchor vs pulling through. It's easy to do, hard to self diagnose.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Generally, pulling to the left comes from holding the bow at anchor vs pulling through. It's easy to do, hard to self diagnose.
That makes a lot of sense and is probably exactly what is happening. Holding string hand at anchor, then the tension on the bow arm yanks it left when I release.

Tonight's shooting was excellent. I shot a bunch of haphazard random ranges, from standing and kneeling... My first 10 shots were are perfect kill shots. Then as fatigue settled in my accuracy suffered. I'm happy with it.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
I went to shoot my bow for first time this year yesterday. Boy, I better get back into it lol. I did pretty good I was aiming at the green spot. For all three shots I took was 25 yards I made a mistake for first pin I had pinned on the decoy thinking it was 25 yards but it was 20 and you can see the yellow dot so it dropped down alot. To get it right this time for 25 yard and look between the 20 and 30 yard pin as you can see on the blue dot for 2nd shot is right where I was aiming at. Exactly what I wanted. 3rd shot I took on the green dot was a little up behind the shoulder. I'm happy with that. Will try again until I get the
20180917_091457.jpg
hang of it