Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

CO 2019 update

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Last morning

The only thing moving were a few muley doe and a couple elk. Its weird, three days ago there were muley bucks everywhere, now they seemed to have disappeared all together.

We have one last hunt so who knows.

There is a big storm rolling in tonight through monday. They are expecting 1 to 3 inches in Pagaso Springs and 12+ in the mountain pass with high winds. Guess who's 4x4 isnt working..... Im hoping its the IWE solenoid. Anyway we are headed out after this hunt.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Last night was a bust.we saw a few doe but the wind was blowing 30+ mph so they were all laying low.

We left around 8 pm. I was at the top of Wolf Creek Pass (11500 ft)when the altitude got me and my friend had to drive down. Thats what I get for drinking coffee and diet coke all day. I drank a bunch of water and quickly started feeling better.

30 min later I took over driving again while my friend crashed out. There was one who more mountain pass we went through that was around 10k and I did much better on that one. Then the adventure started.....

The back side was a long slow white knuckle ride. Freezing mist.... holy crap the road was slick. Once we were down the conditions didnt get better so we crashed in a hotel.

It was snowing pretty good this morning. At the gas station i started messing around with my 4x4 and realized it was working after all... the sensor that turns like 4H light on must be broke.

The drive through CO and in KS was snowy and icy. We should be in Jt
23791.jpeg
23770.jpeg
20191028_121216.jpg
own tomorrow around noon.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Last night was a bust.we saw a few doe but the wind was blowing 30+ mph so they were all laying low.

We left around 8 pm. I was at the top of Wolf Creek Pass (11500 ft)when the altitude got me and my friend had to drive down. Thats what I get for drinking coffee and diet coke all day. I drank a bunch of water and quickly started feeling better.

30 min later I took over driving again while my friend crashed out. There was one who more mountain pass we went through that was around 10k and I did much better on that one. Then the adventure started.....

The back side was a long slow white knuckle ride. Freezing mist.... holy crap the road was slick. Once we were down the conditions didnt get better so we crashed in a hotel.

It was snowing pretty good this morning. At the gas station i started messing around with my 4x4 and realized it was working after all... the sensor that turns like 4H light on must be broke.

The drive through CO and in KS was snowy and icy. We should be in JtView attachment 88682View attachment 88683View attachment 88684own tomorrow around noon.

Be safe bud that's a long drive and the overnight stretch is a ball buster.

Reactions: Thunderflight