Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cleveland

Big H

Medina
Kristi and I decided last minute to take a run down to Edgewater. Ran out to 46-49’ of water. We caught 10 walleyes and kept five. We also got to enjoy a beautiful sunset over a couple of coronas.

Attachments

• A5634C19-8E6E-4A4E-8EE6-74622D66E9AE.jpeg
    A5634C19-8E6E-4A4E-8EE6-74622D66E9AE.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 97

Big H

Medina
We like catching those TOO Jesse! It is nice though to be able to hook up the boat and be on the water in about 45 minutes.

Big H

Medina
Limited casting in 1.5 hours on Saturday. Slept in a bit :)devilish:;) ), had breakfast and we didn't decide to go until 9:00 or so. On the water before 11:00 limited by 12:30. We caught somewhere around 30 keepers for the day and I also caught a couple big ass sheepshead.

Last edited:

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I didn't know you could still catch them that way. Do you still use gold nuggets also? That was my favorite way to fish for walleye back in the day.

Reactions: giles

Bigcountry40

I didn't know you could still catch them that way. Do you still use gold nuggets also? That was my favorite way to fish for walleye back in the day.
They still sell erie deeries and gold nuggets. The worm harnesses I bought this year seem to be made cheaper than in years past, several of the back hooks fell off once the walleye were netted, never had it happen before.

Big H

Medina
Weight forward spinners still work good. We would much rather feel the bite than just troll with multiple rods and be done in an hour or so. But, there is a time for that also.

Reactions: GoetsTalon

Big H

Medina
Took a couple contractor buddies out yesterday afternoon and we limited casting in 56-60 foot of water in 4.5 hours. Quite a few nice fish, 17"-25". Took us a little while to figure out presentation in that deep water with Erie Dearies. It was a great afternoon until I went to start the boat after a long drift and heard the dreaded click click. Of course, my little battery pack was in the truck, so I had to call Boat US for a jump. She fired right up. Finally got back into the dock a little after 7:00. New batteries going in this week and will have a battery pack designated to stay in the boat.