Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cleveland

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Took a couple contractor buddies out yesterday afternoon and we limited casting in 56-60 foot of water in 4.5 hours. Quite a few nice fish, 17"-25". Took us a little while to figure out presentation in that deep water with Erie Dearies. It was a great afternoon until I went to start the boat after a long drift and heard the dreaded click click. Of course, my little battery pack was in the truck, so I had to call Boat US for a jump. She fired right up. Finally got back into the dock a little after 7:00. New batteries going in this week and will have a battery pack designated to stay in the boat.
I never leave the ramp without one, luckily I’ve never needed it for mine, but we’ve used it a few times on a buddies boat. Before the jump packs it was jumper cables off of the trolling motor batteries 😂

• Haha
Reactions: finelyshedded

Big H

Medina
I never leave the ramp without one, luckily I’ve never needed it for mine, but we’ve used it a few times on a buddies boat. Before the jump packs it was jumper cables off of the trolling motor batteries 😂
Yeah, lesson learned. I always had cables in my bass boats, but like a dumb ass neglected to put a jump pack in this boat. We have one in every vehicle though. There will be one in the boat this week. I'm guessing Kristi either already ordered it or is picking one up at Costco on the next trip. LOL

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah, lesson learned. I always had cables in my bass boats, but like a dumb ass neglected to put a jump pack in this boat. We have one in every vehicle though. There will be one in the boat this week. I'm guessing Kristi either already ordered it or is picking one up at Costco on the next trip. LOL
Live and learn!
Besides the little delay, did they enjoy themselves?

Big H

Medina
Live and learn!
Besides the little delay, did they enjoy themselves?
Oh absolutely! They are both from the Canton area and I try to get them out at least once a year. It's cool when you become friends with clients and you all have the same interests. They both have boats on Atwood.

Big H

Medina
I have one, wouldn't leave the dock without it. Was just curious what model he plans to get.
I am open for suggestions. Haven't really researched it at all yet. We have the ones from Costco that are around $70 and they have worked good when I needed them. I left the marine radio on for a couple weeks and had to use it at the dock earlier this year, but haven't had any issues until last night.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I am open for suggestions. Haven't really researched it at all yet. We have the ones from Costco that are around $70 and they have worked good when I needed them. I left the marine radio on for a couple weeks and had to use it at the dock earlier this year, but haven't had any issues until last night.
Inboard or outboard?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
1099306E-94E6-4469-9EC3-130EE73164BA.jpeg

This is what I picked up off of Amazon. It’s started 150 @ @225 EFI mercury motors. As well as a guys F-150 at a food lion in town 😂
Keeps a charge for a long time. Small enough that it’s storable and out of the way in both the truck and boat.