Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

chew, snuff, chaw, dip, etc

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Apparently God wanted me to quit chewing. I got shingles. They are on my face, in my ear, in my mouth. . . .I'm about 2.5 days without any nicotine. Have had zero cravings. Might be due to how uncomfortable my mouth is all blistered up with shingles. I don't care. I don't see these clearing up in a couple days. I don't see me chewing for at least a week. Suppose I'll make a run for it whenever I'm healed up. Try the good ol fashioned cold turkey (out of necessity) approach.

Jamie

Ohio
my sympathy, Hicks. shingles is bad. I've not had them, and hope I never do, but I know several older folks who have had them. some suffer worse than others, but it's all bad. perfect time to call it quits. universe gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Apparently God wanted me to quit chewing. I got shingles. They are on my face, in my ear, in my mouth. . . .I'm about 2.5 days without any nicotine. Have had zero cravings. Might be due to how uncomfortable my mouth is all blistered up with shingles. I don't care. I don't see these clearing up in a couple days. I don't see me chewing for at least a week. Suppose I'll make a run for it whenever I'm healed up. Try the good ol fashioned cold turkey (out of necessity) approach.

Man that sucks. I've known people that's had it. Like Jamie said with varying degrees of discomfort. Hopefully you have a mild case.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Good job, gentlemen. Sorry to hear Phil, hopefully it clears up sooner rather than later.

I'm still weak and stuffing Copenhagen on the daily.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Mild or severe? I really don't know. Blisters on your tongue, covering 1/4 of your gums, going into your ear. . . .if this is mild I feel bad for severe cases. Truthfully though? I don't know if this is mild or severe. I just know it is uncomfortable and I'm thankful I have a high pain threshold.

It has been a true blessing on the chew though. I have had zero cravings. Very weird but I am NOT complaining. I don't need nicotine withdrawal on top of shingles.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great job Dustin! Keep on keeping and it gets easier and easier down the road.
Damn Phil, sorry to hear about the shingles buddy! It’s awesome you’re making another run at quitting though. If Ron and I and other guys here can quit it anybody can! Keep on keeping...👍🏻