Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Chancegriffis **BEWARE**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Just thought I better let everyone be aware of this guy. I will try and make this story short, but wanted to share what happened.

On 1/26 he contacted me and wanted to buy the bow that I was selling. He was some distance away, but I told him I was probably heading to camp on the weekend, so I could meet him down there as it would be closer.

On 1/28 I texted him and told him that I was heading to camp and that I could meet up with him Saturday Evening in Marietta when we went out to dinner. He texted me back and said that was great and that he would call me on the next day to firm everything up. He never called so I texted him that evening to see what was up as I was out of cell range for a while. He texted a couple hours later that he was out of town working and that he wouldn't be back until late on Saturday evening. I told him with the weather that was coming in Saturday night that I was heading home that evening. He said that he could meet me next weekend. I wasn't upset at all about this as I know sometimes work can change.

On 2/2 I texted him that I was going to be hunting Saturday and would be going thru Wheeling around 1 or so if he wanted to meet up. He said that he would be hunting Saturday and Sunday, but he would try to meet up with me on Saturday around noon or 1. I told him I would text him on Friday.

On 2/5(Friday) I texted him about meeting up. He texted me and said that if he couldn't make it that he would have his wife meet me. Later that evening after I texted him to confirm the time, he said that he couldn't make it because he was hunting all day and his wife had to work at 2. He wanted to meet Sunday. I wasn't planning on hunting Sunday, but I agreed to meet him on Sunday even though this actually meant I was driving to meet him for no reason. This started to tick me off as he wasn't working and could have met me or had his wife meet me at sometime during the day. He also never even offered to meet at a different time. I didn't say anything and let it go.

On 2/6 I texted him at 7:39 PM and 9:29 PM. He read the texts and never responded back to me. On Sunday Feb 7 at 7:49 I texted him again. Again he read it and didn't respond. This really pissed me off, so I then texted him that I was reposting it for sale as he must not have the money or he wasn't interested. He replied back in the afternoon and said that he had the money, but was trying to fit it into his schedule.

On 2/17 he texted me that he would like to pick the bow up on Sunday or Monday. Even though I was pissed about before, I gave him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he had a rough weekend, so again I agreed to meet him part way.

Yesterday I texted a couple of times and also this morning to confirm the meetup as we were supposed to meet at 10AM this morning. Still haven't heard a word. So at this point I am done with him.

So beware if you have any dealings with him.

Here is the example of the latest texts. You can see he read the last one about 14 min before I screen shot it. Yet no reply.

845F7B40-C5B1-4D77-88A0-1796A150EB67.jpeg

Reactions: Big_Holla
That's pretty shitty. Thanks for the heads up. Don't let that be a representation of the rest of the guys on here. Good luck selling the bow, sounds like it's time to move on.
I have sold a couple of things to other people on here and never had an issue. Actually of all the hunting stuff I have sold on this and a couple of other sites, I have never had an issue at all with someone doing something like that. I guess it was bound to happen at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.