Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

CGM Foot Loops....Amazing!

I started using the 2TC Climbing Method with a rope for the Foot Loop, which was very uncomfortable. I quickly switched to a 2" wide safety belt, which was much better. Then I found Custom Gear Modifications with their 4" wide Foot Loops, for only $27 each. So, I ordered 2 of them and they were shipped in a very timely manner. 👍

I went out with them this morning and made my first climb, using both Foot Loops. This made the climb so much easier and more comfortable! 💯:cool:
I use both ends of my rappel rope to make the climb. Once I'm at the desired height and am standing on my platform, I simply remove the Foot Loops and put them in my day pack. My entire rig only weighs 15# and is very quiet while climbing...or any other time.
Foot Loop 1.jpg

Foot Loop 2.jpg

Foot Loop 3.jpg

CGM already has a "double stirrup" design in the works. They sent me a photo of their prototype. :cool:
CGM Foot Loop Stirrups.jpg

Reactions: NWOHhunter

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I never knew the threaded carabiners were rated for the same type of forces as the climbing styled ones.

So please bear with my ignorance is this a way to climb into a platform stand without using sticks? for a tree sling styled set up? or?

I never knew the threaded carabiners were rated for the same type of forces as the climbing styled ones.

So please bear with my ignorance is this a way to climb into a platform stand without using sticks? for a tree sling styled set up? or?
Yes, sir! When I get to my desired height, I'll install my platform, step onto it and remove the Foot Loops.
If you don't want to or don't like to rappel, this climbing method can simply be reversed and you climb down. 👍

Reactions: Mike and Hedgelj

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Yeah man, I'll just tough it out and pack in a stand and sticks. I'd rather suffer on a 30-minute walk than a 10-hour hunt. I guess it boils down to your style and goals, but I'm just not interested in this crazy minimalist stuff right now.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Yeah man, I'll just tough it out and pack in a stand and sticks. I'd rather suffer on a 30-minute walk than a 10-hour hunt. I guess it boils down to your style and goals, but I'm just not interested in this crazy minimalist stuff right now.
My buddy gave me a saddle when he upgraded his. I've sat in it about 6 ft off the ground it is comfortable but I can do the same thing with my lone wolfe and sticks. He's all about it I'm not sold yet but gonna use it a few times this year to try it out.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
May be easier but is it as effective as getting your scent above their noses?
Depends on the location. I've been busted a few times but when it works it's pretty fun. I played all the climbing games and ladder stands are still my favorite.

Reactions: giles
It's just another tool to have in your hunting arsenal. 👍 It ain't for everyone.
I hunted several places in the last 2 years that had me walking over 1000 yards to hunting location. The added weight of a Lone Wolf Alpha w/ 3 Muddy Pro sticks (32#) or my Summit Viper (28#) was overshadowed by the lighter weight of this rig at 15#. Plus, my tree selection is unlimited. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike

SNIPERBBB

Se ohio

In that application, the quick link there isnt being used as a life support device.

Ive ground hunted deer for 20 years. Pretty much all private. Some of my best spots are getting impossible to hunt from the ground if you except to shoot anything other than squirrels and chipmunks. Course ive found some great spots on public on accident while scouting for beaver that the only way to hunt would be on the ground as if you climb you couldn't get a clear shot at anything.

Reactions: Bowhunter57

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Thats pretty interesting, I looked at the T
I started using the 2TC Climbing Method with a rope for the Foot Loop, which was very uncomfortable. I quickly switched to a 2" wide safety belt, which was much better. Then I found Custom Gear Modifications with their 4" wide Foot Loops, for only $27 each. So, I ordered 2 of them and they were shipped in a very timely manner. 👍

I went out with them this morning and made my first climb, using both Foot Loops. This made the climb so much easier and more comfortable! 💯:cool:
I use both ends of my rappel rope to make the climb. Once I'm at the desired height and am standing on my platform, I simply remove the Foot Loops and put them in my day pack. My entire rig only weighs 15# and is very quiet while climbing...or any other time.
View attachment 156687
View attachment 156688
View attachment 156690
CGM already has a "double stirrup" design in the works. They sent me a photo of their prototype. :cool:
View attachment 156691
That is pretty interesting!! I thought about a 2TC system, but I am very comfortable, and like my wildedge steps and system, I have going. I am always looking at a new way to lighten or simplify my approach and setup. I appreciate the mobility of saddle hunting and thought process of scouting locations and having the ability to adapt quickly and make a move. Keep posting great information!

Thats pretty interesting, I looked at the T

That is pretty interesting!! I thought about a 2TC system, but I am very comfortable, and like my wildedge steps and system, I have going. I am always looking at a new way to lighten or simplify my approach and setup. I appreciate the mobility of saddle hunting and thought process of scouting locations and having the ability to adapt quickly and make a move. Keep posting great information!
I purchased a 5 pack of the Wild Edge steps and use 1 or 2 on the off-sides of my platform. This allows me to push off or stand on them as I need to for taking a shot around the tree. (y) As far as using them for a climbing system, they're entirely too heavy in larger quantities. :rolleyes:
Like you, I really like the mobility of saddle hunting. 💯