Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Central Ohio taxidermist

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I just picked up my buck at the processor and I can’t fit his head in the freezer. I was planning on tossing it in the freezer and dealing with it next week sometime but I’ll have to take it somewhere Friday or this weekend. Freezer door will not close.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I just picked up my buck at the processor and I can’t fit his head in the freezer. I was planning on tossing it in the freezer and dealing with it next week sometime but I’ll have to take it somewhere Friday or this weekend. Freezer door will not close.

You'll need to get it there tomorrow if you can only keep it cold and not frozen. Wish I had a recommendation mine went through a divorce and quit doing it.

Reactions: Joel

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio

You'll need to get it there tomorrow if you can only keep it cold and not frozen. Wish I had a recommendation mine went through a divorce and quit doing it.

Yeah I’m worried about that. It’s frozen solid now so with the low temps I think I’ll be ok for a day or two. I hope. Also if it thaws enough to be a little flexible I might be able to stuff it in the freezer, it was close.

I do need a bigger freezer but it’d be hard to swing right now.

I’ll check out the taxidermist, nothing posted on their Facebook page since 2013 though and it’s not real close to me, still open to other suggestions.

Jamie

Ohio
Artists Touch taxidermy. she's in Centerburg on Justamere Rd, just east of Condit Rd. she did a skull mount on a deer for me, caped my coyote and did the skull, too. nice work on both at a very reasonable price.

Mike Defrancisco did a deer skull for me a few years ago. He's in Sunbury. might be Galena.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Artists Touch taxidermy. she's in Centerburg on Justamere Rd, just east of Condit Rd. she did a skull mount on a deer for me, caped my coyote and did the skull, too. nice work on both at a very reasonable price.

Mike Defrancisco did a deer skull for me a few years ago. He's in Sunbury. might be Galena.

I ended up using Artists Touch in Centerburg, ten minutes from my house and dropping it off tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions guys.