Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Can we get some dang snow?!?!?!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Several years ago when Mason was chasing those big ones, I prayed for cold and snow. I remember walking from the blind several evenings and seeing night crawlers all over the ground in January. Like you, it frustrated me. Honestly, right now I’m loving this weather. Sorry brother, but from my perspective there is no downside to this. :)

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Several years ago when Mason was chasing those big ones, I prayed for cold and snow. I remember walking from the blind several evenings and seeing night crawlers all over the ground in January. Like you, it frustrated me. Honestly, right now I’m loving this weather. Sorry brother, but from my perspective there is no downside to this. :)

Lol, maybe from your selfish/personal perspective Mr. Brock! Huge implications for weeds, pests, and all other things that need a good hard run of being frozen to keep things "normal".

That said, wait for it, wait for it.....gonna be snowing into late April!

Reactions: Spencie

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
I was hoping to get another arrow bloody before the closing. I too would like a good run of cold weather, at least. Ice fishing locally is out for the foreseeable future. I can't even get on my little pond... sigh.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Lol, maybe from your selfish/personal perspective Mr. Brock! Huge implications for weeds, pests, and all other things that need a good hard run of being frozen to keep things "normal".

That said, wait for it, wait for it.....gonna be snowing into late April!

April?!?!?! No... no... no... We can't have snow in April. That's baseball season.

I remember quite a few Saturday mornings in April shoveling snow off the infield so we could get a doubleheader in when it warmed to 40 degrees in the afternoon.

Bigcountry40

I baited up and reset cameras in a different location I just got permission to bow hunt for the remainder of the year. I am hoping for some snow and cold cold weather.

Reactions: 5Cent

Bowkills

Nw oh
Dry up or freeze would be great. I’m tired of 30 lb boots!
Our job site was to flooded to work today. Lulls are going to get a major workout tomorrow if the general gives the go ahead should be interesting. I saw a hunt able herd tonight another burger deer would be welcomed here.

Reactions: 5Cent and giles

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
3-5" this Friday evening up here now in forecast.....keep that bitchin up Cotty!

We were supposed to be going to Frederick, Maryland for Klay's college baseball signing this weekend. They're supposed to get 3-6" and the coach texted us last night that he may reschedule so those of us travelling a distance aren't dealing with it.

Meanwhile, back here at home we are 1-3" friday night. So, although I'm looking forward to the signing, I won't be too mad if it gets rescheduled since we are supposed to at least get something.

Sadly, it's supposed to turn to rain on Saturday. We shall see!

Reactions: Boarhead

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
We were supposed to be going to Frederick, Maryland for Klay's college baseball signing this weekend. They're supposed to get 3-6" and the coach texted us last night that he may reschedule so those of us travelling a distance aren't dealing with it.

Meanwhile, back here at home we are 1-3" friday night. So, although I'm looking forward to the signing, I won't be too mad if it gets rescheduled since we are supposed to at least get something.

Sadly, it's supposed to turn to rain on Saturday. We shall see!

Care to update us on this? Unless Ive missed it somewhere.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Care to update us on this? Unless Ive missed it somewhere.

I'm not sure if I updated on this or not. Klay has attracted a lot of interest from D2 and D3 schools. He had generous D2 offers from Urbana, Fairmont State, West Liberty, and Wheeling. He also had the preferred walk on invite from Tiffin. Then D3 schools like Capital, Hiram, and Washington and Jefferson also put together academic packages for him. There is nothing wrong with any of those schools and they were all good fits, but Klay is very financially smart and he was pretty set on getting his education at the best price possible.
He received a full tuition scholarship to Frederick Community College in Maryland. It is a JUCO and they're currently ranked number 19 in the nation in the preseason poll. With Klay's size and projectible frame, we decided JUCO is a good route to see if he can land a better athletic package to accompany his academic package at a D2, or possibly D1, school down the road.

He had schools like Bowling Green and Marshall recommend the JUCO route to see where he is physically in two years. He's 6'3" and 175 pounds right now. If he can get to close to 200 pounds, who knows what may happen as far as where he may land.

He tried to get in Sinclair CC down near Dayton. My old shortstop played there as a centerfielder. I was really hoping he would land there, but it wasn't in the cards. They weren't in need of outfielders and I guess Klay wasn't what he was looking for anyway. Is what it is. He also passed up a decent offer from Fayetteville Tech CC in North Carolina. It's an awesome place, but Klay decided it was a little too far.

So, long story short, he gets to attend a nice school in a nice area and play for a coach that has been there for 17 years and who has a great track record of getting his players into 4 year schools. For example, his last shortstop landed at Virgina Tech. His list of kids and where they have moved on to is pretty impressive.

For mom and dad this is great because we are only responsible for housing. For klay it is great because he is not making that 4 year commitment yet and his options will still be open.

And who knows, he may not even stick it out. Ya never know once a kid gets off to college. If that's the case, we aren't out a whole lot when he decides to come home. We shall see!