Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Camo Rifle Project

I had this old Marlin .22, given to me, by a relative that said he had too many guns. I didn't know there was a such thing. :smiley_confused_vra Anyway, the bluing was horrible and the wood wasn't much better. Even so, I put a Barska 3x9x40 on it and sighted it in with some Remington Golden Bullets. As it turns out, it's an absolute tack driver...1 hole with the entire clip at 40 yards. :smiley_bril:

After installing the scope, sling and swivels, I decided to put a camo paint job on it. When it was done, I gave it to my brother, as he has no rifles and needs something for groundhogs, squirrels, etc. :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57

Huckleberry Finn

It shoots Golden Bullets that well? Really?

My biggest complaint with my Remington 597 is that the firing pin is so small...those old guns have a square pin that hits the rim and can shoot damn near anything...I've found that the higher velocity ammo works better in my gun.

Huckleberry Finn,
One things for certain with rimfire weapons, they all like different ammo. Sometimes we get lucky and it's the cheaper variety. This rifle also likes Remington Subsonics...same grouping, at the same distance, but an inch lower.

Oddly enough, my Savage shoots the same ammo and just as good of groups. Lucky x2, I guess. :smiley_chinrub:

Bowhunter57