Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cabelas Pro Series Jerky Slicer

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
So I bought this thing with hopes of starting to make my own jerky. I was debating between the $60 single slice at a time or this $150 boujie one and figured buy once cry once (that’s why I’m broke). For my lack of experience with these types of things, it’s tits. Slices the meat with little to no effort and they are uniform in their thickness. I had 10lbs of meat sliced for jerky in less than 5 minutes once I had the meat prepped. The only bitch of it, is that it seems to be impossible to clean without substantial effort. I’m assuming using food grade silicone spray will ease this on the next go around, but the amount of small chunks of meat that are stuck between the blades sucks. I’ve soaked it 3 times in scalding hot water with soap and it didn’t seem to make a difference. So if anyone has any experience with a slicer like this and has an easy way to clean it, please shed some light for my dumbass. Otherwise it’s an awesome tool and works as advertised. I’m hoping the jerky I currently have curing doesn’t suck 😂

Redneckfucker

Greene county
Well being I have one and absolutely love it lol I struggled with it a first but realized that as soon as you’re done get it washed while the meat is still fresh. I also use these
IMG_0811.png

The stuff bristles work well and those blades well I found out the hard way will cut the shit out of a finger 😂