Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Burn Care. 101.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Another example of how cool the human body is. I cut my nails at the same time before I got burned. Look at how much more growth is on my right hand vs my left due to my body focusing cellular regeneration in that region. Fuckin cool.

20210718_211351.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The human body is an amazing thing sometimes. Crazy the growth difference and something I wouldn't have thought about.

Really impressed with how quick that's healing up. Looks awesome so far.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The human body is an amazing thing sometimes. Crazy the growth difference and something I wouldn't have thought about.

Really impressed with how quick that's healing up. Looks awesome so far.

Thanks bud. Burns are the gift that keeps on giving, shit ton of maintenance and cleaning. I was telling my wife about how much of a pain in the ass it is to change dressings twice a day. This woman said. "Suck it up buttercup. I have to change a bandage 12 times a day, for 5 days, every 28 days, and I've done that for 26 years. Yeah, you win this one woman. Screw that. 😅.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Thanks bud. Burns are the gift that keeps on giving, shit ton of maintenance and cleaning. I was telling my wife about how much of a pain in the ass it is to change dressings twice a day. This woman said. "Suck it up buttercup. I have to change a bandage 12 times a day, for 5 days, every 28 days, and I've done that for 26 years. Yeah, you win this one woman. Screw that. 😅.
She definitely won that round lol 😆
That'll teach you to merry yourself. If you thought she was going to coddle you she quickly reminded you she will NOT 🤣

Burns are very time consuming and tedious to deal with but it's a necessary evil if you want it to heal correctly.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Tell her, yeah well that’s just a plug and play….. 😂

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thought I would add a pic to this almost a year later. No loss of movement or feeling and only slight scarring. Still itches like a bitch sometimes though, like once a month it'll be an asshole and itch like mad for a few minutes. Nerves are weird.

View attachment 148329
Wow Joe, looks great!
If you get hemorrhoidal itch you can scratch and itch both at same time! 😂🤗

• Haha
Reactions: 5Cent

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for the itchy butt visual. I've found using toilet paper prevents itchy booty. Dang Missippians.

P8riot

Carbon, In
After learning to reload and seeing the dangers of not knowing what can happen when using wrong loads or powders, I have a very healthy respect for things that go BOOM!!

The best thing you did was use the Silvadine. I always have Colloidal Silver on hand at my house. Don't use any alcohol or hydrogen peroxide after the initial cleaning of the wound, like say later that day or the next day because it kills the skin and any new skin trying to heal/grow. Colloidal silver has saved me many times from things getting infected!!! And the wounds always heal nice after using it.