Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buckslayers shed hunting endeavors 2014

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
After a rough start to the year for finding sheds things are looking up a bit. I have 19 as of today and here are some atl photos as well as a group picture of the first 18. Also a few deadheads. Good luck to everyone out looking.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats. Some very nice sets you have found. I have not had much luck on sets in the past.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Nice job Seth....we still have a bunch of snow on the ground up here and they are calling for another big storm coming in 2 days....I might get out shed hunting about the first of April the way it's looking.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County

This one happens to be a match to one of the first antlers I found this year. Giving me 4 fresh sets and one old set this year. I couldn't be happier, I was wondering for months where this guy was hiding. I happened to find the match set off this buck last year laying side by side.

Here are the ATL from this year.

Here are the two sets together. This year scored 144 with spread and last year I believe was mid to upper 130's so not much growth.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Awesome Seth. He appears to have put on some inches from last year? Hope you can close the chapter on that buck next season.

I cant recall what last years scores were, I believe he only put on 5-10 more inches, although he is much beefier. Im hoping my dad can put him down, I may not be hunting much this year due to going back to school. I am guessing he will be 5 years old this year unless he is just a massive 2 year old on the 2013 sheds.

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Huh, maybe it's because his last drops are closer to the camera? They looked much bigger to me. Still, he will be high on the list next year.

ok, I rescored last years set...131 so he put on 13 inches. I don't know why I was thinkin that last years set scored higher. I hope he adds another 13-15 this year!