Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brush hg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
New woods Brush Bull 72.30 doesn't have a grease fitting on front pto u joint - has one on gearbox Ujoint - wtf Brush hog

It's hard to find serviceable joints with zerks now. All in the name of shaving a penny off the cost.

Reactions: Archertl

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You won't find a new brush hog / brush mower / PTO shaft component without grease fittings. They ALL have them. They aren't like automotive u-joints and ball joints and wheel bearings. Those are all sealed bearings they don't want you to grease. On implements and mowers though you better be greasing that sucker. Geezer, if it's missing a grease fitting, it either just unthreaded or it snapped off. Both situations are easy to fix. Here's Figure 12 showing all the lube points, right from the owner's manual. I've ran about every Woods mower they make... Never seen one without a grease fitting on the PTO driveline.

Capture.JPG

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
You won't find a new brush hog / brush mower / PTO shaft component without grease fittings. They ALL have them. They aren't like automotive u-joints and ball joints and wheel bearings. Those are all sealed bearings they don't want you to grease. On implements and mowers though you better be greasing that sucker. Geezer, if it's missing a grease fitting, it either just unthreaded or it snapped off. Both situations are easy to fix. Here's Figure 12 showing all the lube points, right from the owner's manual. I've ran about every Woods mower they make... Never seen one without a grease fitting on the PTO driveline.

View attachment 110017
Thanks old brush hog lasted 40 years the new government mandatted pto shaft guards are ith - the grease fitting was on one of the end caps and i was looking on the cross - uhm a dummy

Reactions: jagermeister

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yea those guards can certainly be a pain. But they’re worth it. Ever see the aftermath of someone getting caught in a PTO? It is not pretty...

Reactions: Archertl

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh

View attachment 110017

8 hour lube schedule seems like overkill - dealer said a couple times a season is good - wtf