Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock/Mason 2018-2019

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Forgot this...
0ECAE92D-CE05-4628-8B22-2CB364B0EB10.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
So this happened this afternoon. My buddy Dean owns a pheasant preserve. He sees an awful lot of dogs. Knowing Ruger is having health issues, he called me today to see if I’d be interested in an almost two year old GSP. Krista and I rode out this afternoon to see him. We planted two birds. He pointed and retrieved both. I bought him on the spot. He will be well exercised by the end of season while Ruger is hopefully healing!
39DF8938-18C5-4121-AFE5-D926AF566C4A.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
His name is Chubs. We took him out with Clint’s Airedale’s this morning. Pheasants were awful hard to find today. We on saw two roosters and no hens. Clint killed one rooster. It wasn’t a wasted morning by any means, however, as we saw at least 50 quail. Chubs was impressive with the quail. So much fun to see a pointer locked down. He’s well mannered and fast becoming a buddy too. I have no idea how that fella could stand to sell him but I’m glad he did and I’m glad he didn’t cry when I hauled him off. Lol.
Here is Clint with a tailless rooster. He made a great shot and I believed the bird to be dead on impact. I was wrong. Luckily his male, Abe, tracked him around 200 yards and snatched him. Unfortunately the tail feathers generally do not survive those ordeals.
F71AD232-7C17-449B-AC12-4B34A5DF9F04.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
yeah, no Airedale ever gonna win a beauty contest. still, if you got mad skeels it don't matter if your ugly. :LOL:
That’s a fact. They will hunt absolutely everything. If a person were inclined to work them for deer, they would be phenomenal. Abe took a deer down last year in a crp field. Clint got him off the deer before any real damage was done, but given a free pass, those things are scary. I wouldn’t want one of them on my trail!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Not hunting, really, but we killed some foam at Ross County today. Indoor 3D is a blast. Mason and I shot the known 40 class. We both shot a 204 on 20 targets. We both had the high score so we had a shoot off. Ha. Mason felt the pressure, dad won and that’s all that matters to me! :). Mason is super happy having shot the same score. Proud of him, won’t be long he will be beating me... but it isn’t today. :)
28A9B5EF-2982-4499-80A0-55DE058EBF79.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Year of course Jamie, I look forward to the day he passes me by. I do not look forward to hearing about it from him when it happens. Lol. He likes to talk a little smack. An attribute of his mother I’m sure.

Reactions: finelyshedded