Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock following Mason through the woods.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good to hear from you, AJ!

I am pretty sure the one deer that still has antlers that I am interested in figured me out the other night. So, I stopped feeding them there and hoped they would show up on the other side of farm where I have been keeping another pile. Of course there was one good one on that side too, but he shed his horns the other day. Tonight, I went out and glassed the west side of farm and did not see a deer. After dark, I drove across to check the other cam. I ran a herd of deer off the corn. No biggie, they will be back. I pulled the card and as I hoped would happen, the good ten has followed the corn. The shed buck is the first in every evening of course, as he generally was when he still had horns too. Anyway, I will get over there tomorrow or Wednesday to hunt. If I don't kill him, Mason will have a crack at him this weekend.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
AJ, you should recognize this spot....

Attachments

• MFDC5964.jpg
    MFDC5964.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 270

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nope. East side The camera is looking north from Jason's property line towards the woods right behind Johns house. With better light you could see the concrete culverts on the left side of the pic.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Nope. East side The camera is looking north from Jason's property line towards the woods right behind Johns house. With better light you could see the concrete culverts on the left side of the pic.
Ok. I see it now. I was thinking it was the field near the woods with the 2 man ladderstand in it.

Have you ever gone back to check out Coon Island for sign? Just curious to know if that turned out to be a good spot or not.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
They do come up through that draw some. I don't think I'd set a stand there except maybe on the point to watch where they cross that big field with a gun.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Yeah, I thought that would make a good gun spot. I think setting up in the draw might be good early season when the neighboring corn is still up.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Probably so. While glassing late summer I saw deer go across there most every evening. Of course they were gobbling up clover too.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I checked a cam out at the gar hole today. Had some bucks show up that I am not familiar with. I dumped a little corn, we'll probably give it a go on Sunday just because. AJ- I wish you fellas would have seen some of these deer on your trip! We are certainly leaving plenty of good ones to chase next season!

Attachments

• MFDC7508.jpg
    MFDC7508.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 281
  • MFDC7510.jpg
    MFDC7510.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 273
  • MFDC7511.jpg
    MFDC7511.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 259
  • MFDC7512.jpg
    MFDC7512.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 263
  • MFDC7513.jpg
    MFDC7513.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 273

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This half rack is one wide son of a buck! Or, was...

Attachments

• MFDC7502.jpg
    MFDC7502.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 268

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That isn't all that is showing up. Mason and I just stopped by this dude's house two weeks ago to tell him I was going to prosecute his butt if I caught him trespassing again. Guess what...poachers are dumb. I haven't heard back from the WO yet. I'll be calling him again here shortly. I spoke with a buddy that is a WO in a neighboring county yesterday. He seems to think I can hang this cat.

Attachments

• MFDC7391.jpg
    MFDC7391.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 263