Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock following Mason through the woods.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nope. We've been within a couple days of each other with bucks, but not since we quit shooting them! :). If he kills tonight I plan to hunt tomorrow. I've got a pretty solid plan on a really nice ten, but I can't set up on him with Mason tagging along.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Not a good day to be one of three bucks visiting this spot!

Honestly have not been settled 5 minutes and there is a doe at 20 yds!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 271

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That one is. Well, 2x4 and carpet. I built two of them last year. Everyone laughs until they sit in one. They are awesome. Lathe sat in one all day opening day of gun season. Deer and turkey come within feet of them. I don't think a deer has ever seen us in them. They are 8x8x6.5'. These rednecks know how to make comfortable blinds from scraps. :)

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I don't know what I've done with the pics, but I don't have any of them stored here. If I run across some, I'll post them for you.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I don't recall that thread Brock. Is be interested to see too if you find the pics

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I must not have done one. Simple frame, couple hours. About 50 bucks in materials. And old carpet. Worked like a charm. I'll get some pics next time I'm back there.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here are some pics of the deer that I thought would be a slam dunk for Mason to hunt tonight. When we checked the cam today we saw that he dropped his antlers last night. If it is the deer I think it is, three years ago when Mason was trying to kill him, he dropped on the 21st of January. Figures. I should have shot him a couple of weeks ago... Obviously I am not 100% that he is the one that dropped, so I left a cam up there to see for sure. We will have to get out and look for those horns too.

Attachments

• MFDC5244.jpg
    MFDC5244.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 296
  • MFDC5245.jpg
    MFDC5245.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 279
  • MFDC5397.jpg
    MFDC5397.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 274
  • MFDC5402.jpg
    MFDC5402.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 285

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good luck to you and Mason finishing up the season Brock! My time on TOO has been slim to none lately but I always try and read up on your season.