Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock and Mason ‘19-‘20

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I still say you were off. You said he'd have a dead deer in 30min. I thinking it took him 35-40min. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Mike

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Today was the last day of pheasant season. It breaks my heart but at least we ended the year with a phenomenal day.
I met up with Clint and Ike around 130. Mason foolishly opted to stay home. We went to one of the farms I acquired permission on just this year. Clint had never been there. I told him we would just hit it quick and if we didn’t find birds we would move on. We wound up seeing around 25 pheasants, a pile of deer and a few rabbits. I never fired my gun but Ruger accounted for the two roosters Clint and Ike killed. He pointed half a dozen others. Peanut pointed three or four. Clint’s flushers moves a bunch of them as well. By the time we finished up on that farm, Clint and Ike decided to call it a year. I couldn’t quit with an hour of daylight left so I went to another patch where Ruger locked down on what had to be the most perfect point and flush of the season. It was absolutely beautiful but the bird turned out to be a hen so yet again my gun remained unfired. It was another great year and I hate to see it end.
05A99AF8-80E3-40F0-A19E-AE23C471768D.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Love it. You and Mason probably get more enjoyment out of what Ohio has to offer than just about anyone I know. Maybe JB or a couple others are close?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Love it. You and Mason probably get more enjoyment out of what Ohio has to offer than just about anyone I know. Maybe JB or a couple others are close?
I don’t know about the comparison, but we sure do enjoy our time outdoors. Clint said he didn’t understand why anyone drives to North Dakota to hunt pheasant when we have them here. I don’t think most folks are lucky enough to have access to wild birds here like he and I do. We are lucky and I know it. It’s one of the real values of having the type of business that I do. I’m incredibly fortunate to know A LOT of landowners in our area. Still, it could all be plowed under this spring and when it is, I’ll cry. Always feel like we are on borrowed time with bird habitat.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason, Caleb and I joined Jamie and his dogs for a fun filled squirrel hunt yesterday. Bitter cold kept the squirrels tucked away, but we did manage to kill seven. We had a great time, witnessed some poor shooting and smelled some awful cattle odors. Wouldn’t change a thing even though it wasn’t all pleasant at the time.

Mason and I ran our beagles today. We saw five, never fired a shot. Mason took a recurve bow. I carried a 22 pistol. It wasn’t a meat collection trip. We just needed to get the dogs some work. All the fun, no mess.