Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow Hunting Success on a 19.5" inside spread

JohnD8908

Georgia
The 2020 season presented me the opportunity to take my biggest buck to date. This buck was a nice 8 point buck with a 19.5 inch inside spread. After a long five days of hunting wind, rain, snow, sleet and heat, the final morning presented me with 19 degree temps and a light 3-5 mph wind. I had sat all day, the day before harvesting this buck and had the chance to see him around 4:30 pm cruising with a group of does. The next morning with the weather just right the same group of does came funneling through browsing and prancing around at about 8 am. The does wondered on out of sight and about fifteen minutes later, I catch a glimpse of something moving down the same path the does had just traveled, it was him. I was able to get situated and ready for him to travel along the same exact route and hopefully present me with a shot, in which he did. I checked his range one final time and stopped him at 50 yards and let the Elite Kure send a 545 grain arrow with a RamCat broadhead leading the way down range. It connected and the deed was done. I watched my biggest buck to date fall to the bottom of the hill and shortly thereafter, expire. The hard hunting was well worth the wait. I dropped a picture below and I also have the full hunt on film. However in the midst of my excitement I double punch record on my main camera, but thankfully the GoPro was rolling for the secondary. All the joys of self filming.

The hunt ---->

The Pictures

Attachments

• B1 .jpg
    B1 .jpg
    914.1 KB · Views: 200
  • B2.jpg
    B2.jpg
    909.4 KB · Views: 208

JohnD8908

Georgia
Funny you posted this. I just watched your video on YouTube the other day, before seeing this post obviously! I have to say man that is a hell of a nice deer and enjoyed watching!
Oh awesome. I meant to post it shortly after it happened and forgot. It was a super fun hunt.