Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boogity boogity boogity

Camodan

It’s that time again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tipmoose

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Enjoy, I might be at next years race. I can drive over and back the same day.

The Charlotte races are tons of fun....well....at least they used to be 5-10 years ago. Not sure if its quite the party it was. Hell the tailgating before and after the race was just as good, if not better, than the race itself. I remember many a weekend getting foggy after the beer ran low and my degenerate friends switched over to Southern Comfort and mt dew.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The Charlotte races are tons of fun....well....at least they used to be 5-10 years ago. Not sure if its quite the party it was. Hell the tailgating before and after the race was just as good, if not better, than the race itself. I remember many a weekend getting foggy after the beer ran low and my degenerate friends switched over to Southern Comfort and mt dew.
My son has been there for the last 4-5 years and he said it’s a lot of fun but I imagine not like it used too be.

Camodan

The Roval is just an awesome race if you get a chance to go to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Concrete seats :confused:, must have replaced them before I started attending those races.

Back throughout the early 2000's, wife and I attended each year both the regularly scheduled Rockingham - (The 'Rock') NC Speedway races.
2019-09-30_16.49.53[1].jpg

Beautiful area and a super cool track!

It's also where I met up with one of NASCAR's legends, the one that originally started my love affair for the sport going all the way back to the CBS televised showing of the 1979 Daytona Super Speedway Race, Bobby Allison.

Super nice guy!

I actually met him at a carryout while on my way to the 'The Rock' .

I went in to pay for my gas and that's when he seen me as he was walking out the door. He insisted on signing both the 'Winston Cup' cap that I had sitting on the front dash of my car (him holding it in his hands below) and then grabbed my Dale Jr. cap off my head and autographed that 'TOO'.

Also within my NASCAR collection, I have an autographed book of his and an autographed 1:24 scale die-cast 22 car.

Very glad I got to meet him!
2019-09-30_16.50.36[1].jpg

The Rock!

Memorial Day holiday weekend at the Coca-Cola 600 night race in Charlotte is a grueling race to attend let me tell ya. That's also the 'Indianapolis 500' weekend. Talk about getting wasted, ah man, after that race, there would be passed out bodies laying everywhere. It's a fun place to be though if you're into it.

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Concrete seats :confused:, must have replaced them before I started attending those races.

Back throughout the early 2000's, wife and I attended each year both the regularly scheduled Rockingham - (The 'Rock') NC Speedway races.
View attachment 86941
Beautiful area and a super cool track!

It's also where I met up with one of NASCAR's legends, the one that originally started my love affair for the sport going all the way back to the CBS televised showing of the 1979 Daytona Super Speedway Race, Bobby Allison.

Super nice guy!

I actually met him at a carryout while on my way to the 'The Rock' .

I went in to pay for my gas and that's when he seen me as he was walking out the door. He insisted on signing both the 'Winston Cup' cap that I had sitting on the front dash of my car (him holding it in his hands below) and then grabbed my Dale Jr. cap off my head and autographed that 'TOO'.

Also within my NASCAR collection, I have an autographed book of his and an autographed 1:24 scale die-cast 22 car.

Very glad I got to meet him!
View attachment 86940
The Rock!

Memorial Day holiday weekend at the Coca-Cola 600 night race in Charlotte is a grueling race to attend let me tell ya. That's also the 'Indianapolis 500' weekend. Talk about getting wasted, ah man, after that race, there would be passed out bodies laying everywhere. It's a fun place to be though if you're into it.

Those are some awesome pics and great memories!

As far as the seats are concerned....Its completely possible Im thinking of someplace else, but I could have swore they had some cheap seats that were painted white concrete. I last went there in the late 90s.

A coworker who was a huge Rusty Wallace fan insisted on taking me to Martinsville and Rockingham. I loved the races and the environments.

Reactions: Wildlife

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Wife absolutely loves Martinsville!

Talk about a treacherous place to get to. Going through those mountains trying get to that place is something else. You really have to be on top of the steering wheel throughout those curvy hilly roads for the last 100 miles getting there. Famous for there hot dogs at that track.
scan0100.jpg
scan0099.jpg

Sitting in the middle of turns 3 & 4 @Martinsville. Also another track we attended regularly throughout the 2000's.

Attachments

• 20180819_122917.jpg
    20180819_122917.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 284