Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bodywork Guys

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Had head up ass moment yesterday and backed into my mom's Jeep. Door still functions properly, but I'm wondering if it's cheaper for me to buy a new door or have the dent pulled/hammered out, then repainted. Thoughts?

Friggin' morning sun was on my dew covered mirror, I turned to yell at the girls, them realized I was closing in on her car and when I hit the brake, but see soaked boots went from brake to gas and it was just enough momentum that when I hammered the brakes again, it was too late. 😡

20200821_110112.jpg

Last edited:

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
If you feel like doing the work, lol, take the panel out and hammer that out. Done that at Jon’s. Saved me a lot of money lol

Reactions: bowhunter1023

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
I am by no means a bodywork guy. If I had to guess I would believe that having that door repaired would be slightly cheaper than buying a new door.

You may want to check car-part.com and see what a used one costs. If you can find one the right color in good shape.

Fletch

Supporting Member
$500 deduc and let the body shop worry about it.
I'd take this route... Sometimes it's just not worth the bother... Don't feel bad about the having your head up your ass moment... I had one the other day with my wife's car... I was zipping along when I saw a bear walking towards the road... Just had to get a pic, so I pulled into the shoulder and started backing up... I figured close enough, got out of car and snuck around back of car to see a telephone pole less than an inch from center of bumper... My finger didn't even fit in the gap... Where was my head... And didn't get a pic of bear...

Reactions: Big_Holla

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Body lines are tough. I'm not afraid to disassemble a door and DIY repairs. I won't try to fix a body line dent. Above my pay grade and most DIY pay grades.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Body lines are tough. I'm not afraid to disassemble a door and DIY repairs. I won't try to fix a body line dent. Above my pay grade and most DIY pay grades.

Agreed. Been there tried that. That's a humdinger of one at that man.

Sorry bud but you're looking at a body shop and/or a new door.

Reactions: bowhunter1023