Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Blind Turtle

Stump

Ass Regulator
Guys,
I bought a new blind at the turkey call show this past weekend from Blind Turtle on Brock's recommendation. Got the floor model and picked it up Sunday after the show. By the time I got there they had the legs broken down and stacked so all I had to do is load and go which I did. I ended up just taking it back down to the cabin and heading home from there. Anyway I got a call from Ed Fell the owner this afternoon. I figured he was just checking that I got it OK, instead he asked if I noticed there were a couple windows that had been scratched an gouged. I really didn't notice as we just loaded and headed out, then unloaded just as quick because it was raining/snowing. He told me to look it over when I got back down as he wanted to make those windows good. Like he said "I didn't sell you a used blind". He said a kid or a competitor damaged the windows and would replace them.
I can't give you a good review on the blind yet, but I will tell you they are a stand up company. They didn't have to even mention the window issue but he took time to call personally and let me know. Anyway if you're interested in a blind I'd recommend that you take a look at them www.blindturtle.com

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I would love to get a "Hard Shell" Blind. I have a fabric blind and of course tree stands but I think the hard shell blind would be nice to take the little guy with me and would be a big plus when weather is bad.

Looks like that is a rotationally molded shell with vacuum formed door, I think I may know the molder. Post some pictures when you get it set up.

Reactions: Kurt

Stump

Ass Regulator
I'll sure do that. It's going to be a couple weeks before I get it out but will take some pictures of the assemble and set up. I've hunted out of a Banks that is similar, this one seem to have a bit more room and it has long windows which I think will be even better.
53887189_10100111531782819_3531011919643148288_o.jpg

Stump

Ass Regulator
I would love to get a "Hard Shell" Blind. I have a fabric blind and of course tree stands but I think the hard shell blind would be nice to take the little guy with me and would be a big plus when weather is bad.

Looks like that is a rotationally molded shell with vacuum formed door, I think I may know the molder. Post some pictures when you get it set up.

I know they are molded here in Ohio, he told be where but can't recall.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
If a tree fell on it how bad would the outcome be?
My guess is if you are strong enough to push it back into original shape, you’d be good to go. They are pretty stout, kinda like a high end trash can type material. I bounce mine in and out of my truck bed with no ill effects yet.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
If the blind is cured properly during the molding cycle it should be Ok depending on the size of the tree of course. A under cured part will shatter into pc's. Polyethylene has memory once molded so it you have a dent in a area use a hot air gun and warm it up, push on the area and it should go back into it's original shape unless the blind has warpage in it from improper cooling or mold release.
You can also spinweld fittings to it or weld a crack, I can give you additional help with this as well. I have 30 years of experience with rotationally molded parts.

Riverdude

Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
You can also use a Drager Gun to weld to the polyethylene, it works kind of like a hot glue gun but you are actually welding plastic rod to the surface.

Kurt

Nashport
Hey guys! I am new to The Ohio Outdoors. I joined as Brock Ratcliff recommended I should. My father and I own The Blind Turtle. We have manufactured them in Ohio for over a decade now. We are now molding them in Middletown Ohio and we are based out of Nashport just north of Zanesville. I am a lifelong hunter and currently am passing the tradition down to my 5 and 3yr old boys.
Anyway, we try to follow the golden rule with customers and treat them the way we would want to be treated. Our goal is to provide a quality product that is durable, moveable, and easy to shoot from. I am excited to join this site to talk about everything Ohio outdoors! Thank you! — let me know if you have any questions.