Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Black Diamond Storm Headlamp Review.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Another Item I used a bunch while in Az was this headlamp. Yeah it's a little pricey at $45 but I was tired of going through junk lights. I knew that there was the potential to be miles off the beaten path and either walking to a spot in the dark or walking back to the truck. When you have to cover 2-3 miles to get back to the truck in the dark I wanted a dependable light. The one thing I liked about this light the most was the ability to go from low brightness to intense brightness with just a tap on the side of the light. It was really helpful when I needed to kick on the bright spotlight to see up ahead or pinpoint something. The light has red, blue, and white options. Each has the ability to be super bright or you can gradually dim it to your liking. If you have it dim, a simple tap on the side puts it at max brightness, another tap puts it back down to where you had it before. The white light does the same with a spot feature that's as bright as a mini mag light. There were times when getting close to the truck i would kick it on bright to locate it in the brush, on a couple of instances I was coming off the mesa and passed a juniper bush that started buzzing, I kicked it on bright to quickly locate the snake and went around him. I used it a ton out there and while I packed 4 extra AAAA batteries I never needed them. Just used it yesterday to run some electrical in the attic and it's still bright.

Black Diamond Storm Headlamp

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Does it take all 4 batteries or just 2? It would be nice to have a lightweight good headlamp that fit in a pocket.

4 but they fit in there very compact. No wasted space with a battery carrier or anything. The headlamp isn't bulky at all. Smaller than the three battery duracell headlamps.

Reactions: Dustinb80

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have the Black Diamond ReVolt. Bought it last fall and used it most of hunting season. I loved that it was rechargeable... But now it took a shit and won't charge. For a $60 headlamp that's a pretty terrible lifespan. I will not buy another if they don't return or exchange this one.
5F7C3A6A-2876-4CCE-A7FD-83C05D14FA71.jpeg

Reactions: Isaacorps