Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BigSlams 2015 season

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
uploadfromtaptalk1443421911204.jpg

Going with the McKenzie 64u semi sneak head up, offset pose. This is exactly what he looked like before I shot him, staring out into the alfalfa field.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Congrats again Chad! Great buck and write up of the hunt. That pose you chose for the mount is going to look awesome.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks alot guys. It means alot coming from all you guys! I have a question, do you guys think this could be him from last year?uploadfromtaptalk1443505200198.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443505218003.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443505248550.jpguploadfromtaptalk1443505271549.jpg

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Congrats. Nice story. I especially liked the part about you mentioning the " Killing Tree" . Isn't it cool how sometimes you just KNOW like a 6th sense that a certain tree or spot in the woods will be the place you get your chance?! Having that confidence in a particular spot makes all the difference sometimes.

Nice buck!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks alot guys! Gern, I've never had that feeling about a tree that I sat in before, there was just no way he was going to smell me, pick me out, or anything in that tree. Brian told me during the summer, he said get in good cover and you don't need to be 20 feet off the ground. I've never had so much confidence sitting 10 feet off the ground, hell I've never even hunted from 10 feet. I could of danced a jig up in that climber and they never would of seen me!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
The rain has let up here, so I'm going out with my buddy after his first deer. Dude needs some coaching from the stand so I'm going to get up in the tree beside his in my climber. They should be moving this evening. All he's got coming in on camera are does but he wants meat and he's not picky for his first deer, just wants a good size doe. So if he gets one arrowed, be prepared for an iks thread, I think it's worthy.