Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Big boy

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Never seen this kind of broad head before

It's a 100gr 2 blade NAP blade runner. $39 bucks at Bellas. An exit wound might have helped the shooter find it. But. You know. Those 2 inch cut heads aren't exactly know for their exit holes.

Where's that beating a dead horse smiley. Lol

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
It's a 100gr 2 blade NAP blade runner. $39 bucks at Bellas. An exit wound might have helped the shooter find it. But. You know. Those 2 inch cut heads aren't exactly know for their exit holes.

Where's that beating a dead horse smiley. Lol

I've never had a problem with a 2 blade rage passing through. Except when I hit the high shoulder.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Before boing any deadhead it really helps to remove as much as possible(basically cape it out) to where you have mostly the eyes and some meat left and whatever else is left inside the mouth,nasal cavity and skull. Then I start the boiling process. The "gag factor" is greatly reduced when you remove as much as possible before boiling. Lol. Boiling this stuff off will cause a somewhat of a foul odor for some so make sure you're outside with good ventilation. Use an old fillet knife,spackling knife,screwdriver or any other tool to help your remove the crud throughout the process. It can take anywhere between 2-4 hours so have plenty of beer in the cooler... Lol

Good luck and looking forward to some pictures.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I've never had a problem with a 2 blade rage passing through. Except when I hit the high shoulder.

Count yourself lucky. The net is full of posts about two blade two inch cut heads and their lack of penetration. We've discussed it in depth here before also so I'm not looking to start that up again. Lol. But even a high shoulder hit shouldn't stop a good fixed blade head with a reasonable cutting diameter out of modern equipment. It's the "except for when" that's the problem with them. BHs should be judged by how they perform when the odds are stacked against them not when the shot is textbook.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
There's a small dent on the outside of this shed that some rodent made. Do any of you guys ever patch them with putty or something like that and then paint over it?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I wouldn't do a thing to it Chad! Only if it's a big shed from a deer I'm hunting or have history with would I even consider fixing or repairing. This is a big shed and you are hunting it but a little chew isn't that noticeable or enough to chance fugging it up even more. jmo

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice find. To help with the stink factor I hang the head under my lento on my pole barn. Then clean it up next spring. That way it's out of the weather and protected from varmints, 2 legged and 4 legged.

I for one don't believe in patching up the antlers.