Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Beentowns Hunting Log...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Wife -1
Spicoli - 1
Beentown - 0

LOL

Had a run in with Spicoli (target buck) just now. He would not come in. He let the does eat all the apples and just hung on the perimeter with his buddy Peter Griffin (hefty 8 point). Hopefully he comes in before daylight ends. Suprised these guys are still hanging together being hard horned now. Neither has lost much after shedding. Still are both nice.

We will see...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
They wanted the last of the beans is my best guess for being out early. That and the full moon. They started filtering in at 5pm then fed through to some oaks to stage for the beanfield. Beans were cut Thursday evening. Farmer told me there were no less than 50 coons in the field right after cutting them.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
They wanted the last of the beans is my best guess for being out early. That and the full moon. They started filtering in at 5pm then fed through to some oaks to stage for the beanfield. Beans were cut Thursday evening. Farmer told me there were no less than 50 coons in the field right after cutting them.

Unreal! Headed back out there tomorrow?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Actually laying in the cabin right now trying to get tired eyes. Heading out in the AM in stand closer to the oaks/beans on the inside corner. If they come there it might end up on trail cam....wouldn't that be cool!?! I am not that lucky though...

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
might be the acorns too. Found an oak tree on my walk out this morning that the deer have been HAMMERING! Unfortunately from the looks of it, most of the acorns have alreadt dropped. Need to key on them acorns while they are still there.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Hahahaha, woods today... been a long while since I have been snorted at. Couldn't even see which deer it was. REALLY close but this woods is so thick I couldn't see at 6:50am. They slowly walked away....double dang!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Great morning!

As soon as I got behind our place I hear some major trashing of trees. Something was beating the shit outta trees. Was going to stay there but decided to go where I think the deer would head. As I walked the fence row splitting the recently picked bean field and the cornfield I could still hear him tearing shit up the whole walk back. Talk about pumped!

I get to the main woods and spooked a few that were in the corner of the cornfield. They were just inside the first few rows. Make it to my stand and get all set up by 6am. I hear movement all around me so I decided to stand with the bow in my hand (still dark) at 6:45am. At 6:50 I started getting blowed at. Must have caught my movement and I am betting it is one of the nanny does but couldn't see with the dark. She was REALLY close. When she blew I about poo'ed myself! She blew again and the I could hear multiple deer slowly walking away after that.

I was texting back and forth with a few Toozers when a great young buck came in just after 9am. He has eight score-able points and kickers everywhere...big bodied. He came in to 6 yards smelling smokey leaves the whole way (ones I touched on the way). He had followed my path I walked the whole way. He wasn't nervous at all until a walnut fell on his head. lol

When going back to the cabin I damn near stepped on a doe and two fawns.

Man I missed this!