Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BEARS AWESOME STRENGHT...

Fletch

Supporting Member
So come our Dec. portion of our bear season I had to push my self to get out a day in the woods and stretch my legs... First I planned on going in the afternoon before the day I hoped to hunt and dump some anise as an attractant... So I dumped some on a rock and some around the edges of the rock.... Here is what I found the next morning when I arrived.... This ground was frozen solid... Look how he dug it up like it was nothing... Shows the STRENGHT of these amazing animals... I did pass on a smaller bear (200 lbs) that morning.... Looking forward to this fall...

IMG_20191220_145737.jpg

Bighoun52

In the woods
Here in pa I’m so tired of bears!!! They are a just trouble makers. They love to destroy trail cams and eat all the corn you plant for the deer. They wiped out 22 acres of corn on our property that wasn’t even worth putting a tractor on to try and salvage. We shot 8 bears out of 12 guys in 4 days of hunting and should of had 10 but some guys are just bad shots!!

Reactions: giles

Fletch

Supporting Member
Here in pa I’m so tired of bears!!! They are a just trouble makers. They love to destroy trail cams and eat all the corn you plant for the deer. They wiped out 22 acres of corn on our property that wasn’t even worth putting a tractor on to try and salvage. We shot 8 bears out of 12 guys in 4 days of hunting and should of had 10 but some guys are just bad shots!!
They are known to be hell on corn fields, will flatten them overnight... Don't worry if Pa. Keeps lenghtening the season they will get wiped out... What county do you hunt?? I hunt bears in Pike...

Incredible strength to do all that in one night! Can't wait to see your season unfold in the fall.

Years ago I bear hunted in the UP of Michigan. Had no real idea what I was doing but was told to dig a hole up next to a tree, place the bait and then cover with heavy logs. A buddy and I set it up and the last log we put on the bait was big and took both of us to move it into position. Next time in to bait that log was tossed to the side by like 10 feet.

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Big Holla I've seen that plenty of times... I've seen them flip rocks over that the two of us wouldn't budge... Incredible what they can move when they want to... It's not their bite that will kill you, it's what their paws are capable of... Throw you around like a rag doll....

Reactions: Big_Holla and giles

Fletch

Supporting Member
One of my spots I hunt I walk past this telephone pole that they like to chew on... I guess for the creosote... Bigger bears have it chewed about 6 ft up... Pic was taken about 3 years ago last year they were just about through...
20170803_162041.jpg

Reactions: Big_Holla

Fletch

Supporting Member
Nice bear.. I'm assuming shooting 8 out of 12 guys, that your group do drives...