Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Basement Project 2011

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Be sure to leave plenty of room around the furnace for servicability. There is nothing worse than trying to work on a blower of a furnace while standing on your head because the didn't leave enough room in front of the furnace.

Looking good Schu.

Tree Monkey

NW ohio
Looks good so far!....in a couple months I will do a demo remodel job on my basement...I will keep checking on ur progress for reference and ideas.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Cool....I'll have to check that out.

It's not as nice and easy as I thought. I'm going to call the manufacture tomorrow. The stuff is not laying as it should. Not happy. When you spend as much money as I did for this stuff, you'd think it would install a little better. I suppose it could be installer error, but I followed the instructions...

Schu72

Streetsboro
Took a few days off, but was back at it today. Finished all soffets to box in duct work and hung boxes for electrical. Tomorrow we'll be drilling holes and pulling wire.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
It's not as nice and easy as I thought. I'm going to call the manufacture tomorrow. The stuff is not laying as it should. Not happy. When you spend as much money as I did for this stuff, you'd think it would install a little better. I suppose it could be installer error, but I followed the instructions...

I think I have already decided to use the DRIcore Subfloor system...looks easy to install but maybe a little trickier to level...about $900 for my square footage...plan on getting it soon...the electrician finished up the rough in last night...time to keep rolling!! Gotta seal off the the joist space along the foundation sill plate and rim joist...that part sucks!

Sounds like things are moving right along for Schu!

saddlepants

central Ohio
You guys need to call my husband for those floor jobs - he will have it done in a day or less! He can do anything "floor". Or if you still wanna do it yourself and having trouble just shoot me your questions and he can help.

Schu72

Streetsboro
which type of insulation did you go with?

I'm sure there will be many opinions on this but we did not insulate the "inside" of our exterior walls. There is a great deal of conflicting info out there on what to do, the one thing most will agree on is that no two basements are the same. Our basement has poured concrete walls, not cinder block and they are insulated on the outside. Our basement is also entirely below grade. Our big focus will be on insulating and sealing the rim joists.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Exercise room

Main room

Cabinets in bar area.

Bathroom