Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Baseball Journal

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Need to update this. 3 games into Greysons 12U season. We are light-years ahead of last year. Instead of 1 team with 15 kids who all had to bat and play, our coach worked his butt off and called around to get enough kids for 2 teams of 11 and 12. He kept most our players together and put the kids and newer ayers on the 2nd team so they got plenty of PT. We are 2-1 with our lone loss in extra innings to maybe the best team we'll face. Greysons played great in the field and done decent at batting. Still can't lay off the high pitch

Last edited:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
We kick off games today with Ty, Myles and I for 10u, and Wyatt tomorrow for 8u coaches pitch.

For 10u we have 14 games, 3 being repeat teams. Tonight's game should be the toughest team of the year and is one we play again later in the year. While the goal is always to be 1st, I'll be happy going for 10/14 wins and making the playoffs at the end of the season. Good luck guys, love this time of year!

Good luck to the teams Adam!!

Might as well update this thing. Allen's senior year HS season has been pretty disappointing for him and us as parents. He struggled some at the plate in the first couple weeks and for pitching he is 2/2 for the year so far. Coaches have given him very little opportunity to redeem himself, only at 15 plate appearances vs. 90+ for the top 3 players. Kinda tough to see that for us and if he is brought in to pitch, they automatically have someone pinch hit for him. We believe it is because of his decision to not play ball in college that has cut his playing time more than anything. It would be one thing if he got a couple opportunities to hit here and there but that just hasn't been the case. Rather the time has gone to other kids that are younger hopeful college prospects, who in reality aren't doing any better than Allen was doing early in the season. As for pitching he did well, only he pitches to contact and he really has exposed our weaknesses in the outfield, some on the infield depending on players. Games with 5-6 errors and several unearned runs make it tough to instill confidence in him when we have a couple guys throwing a bit better and getting more K's and easy plays. Is what it is. He's still having fun and Terry and I need to catch ourselves from time to time on things we say. She's about ready to kick the coach in the nuts so there is that too. :ROFLMAO:

1652726173775.png

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
A tough 3-4 loss tonight on the opener, but I couldn't be more proud of how they played and fought until the end against a tough team. Two players walked away with some nice bruises from being beened, both Ty and Myles did excellent on defense, Ty was lights out for 2 innings pitching, giving up 1 hit.

Ty hit great and got on base each time, Myles went down swinging like a mad man as they blew it by him and most others. All of the 1st-timers to kid pitch walked away crying atleast once tonight, a little shell shocked to have that ball wiz by em😆

Johnny44

This made us pretty happy.........Allen was given the opportunity, think he seized the moment.

View attachment 152429
That's great man. What school? Tournament time is the best time of the year.

On a side note, my son started tball this year. What an absolute shit show. He seems to be having fun though. Between my coaching schedule (Head Coach at Buckeye Valley) and his tball schedule, momma is baseball'd out. She's over it. I'm going to owe her nice dinner out or something when we are done. It's taken a toll on everyone!

That's great man. What school? Tournament time is the best time of the year.

On a side note, my son started tball this year. What an absolute shit show. He seems to be having fun though. Between my coaching schedule (Head Coach at Buckeye Valley) and his tball schedule, momma is baseball'd out. She's over it. I'm going to owe her nice dinner out or something when we are done. It's taken a toll on everyone!
Algonac HS up in Michigan.

Would have been a perfect game had we not had catcher interference on one batter.