Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bald Eagle sighting this morning....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thought about posting this on the, “Things seen on the back roads” but this beautiful bird and any of its kind needs its own thread.

On my way to work this morning I hadn’t gone a 1/2 mile outside our subdivision when I saw a flash of brown and white flop out of the ditch to my right as the car 300 feet in front of me past by an apparent dead critter laying just 5 feet off the road. It fluttered up about 10 feet then came back down with talons stretched toward the dirt and lit just 10 yards away from my car as I came to a stop. I took a quick pic on my approach thinking he was headed away but when he came back down I was focused on getting one good photo before another car spooked him off.
When I got to work a half hour later I texted our GW to let him know and he responded right away and asked if he was still there which I had know clue but told him I think he could very well be cuz there was a small dead deer laying there. He said he and his kiddos were on there way and bygolly would you know that sucker was still there! He musta been hungry I guess. Here are the two pics I took this morning. MERICA!!!🤟🏻
43114763-24A8-4E4A-8058-60AB8B3E8CF6.jpeg
0F67EBB0-12EA-468D-85BF-6C4D5A266535.jpeg