Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bad Shot

Schu72

Streetsboro
This was a first for me, never had a buck that had been shot on cam before. I believe I saw this deer arrow free the day prior.
LIFT1211.JPG
LIFT1217.JPG
LIFT1218.JPG

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Appears to be high and forward...where the spine meets the shoulders. Can only hope that with every branch that the arrow hits as the deer walks, the broadheads will wiggle free from the bone and the arrow will fall out.

Looks like it hit bone. Like the shoulder ball and socket joint. Could also be the spine but didn't cause enough trauma to paralyze the deer. Most fixed blades out of a modern compound can bust through the scapula. Hopefully the arrow shaft breaks off and it can start healing.

Reactions: "J"

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Looks like it's in the base of the neck right in front of the shoulder. Must of hit the vertebrae but not hard enough to break it. That arrow should break off or works itself out. Deer is going to hurt for awhile but should recover.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hail Mary or lower poundage bow like a youth or female compound. Neck shots are low percentage with a bow. Lots of meat. Otherwise you have windpipe, spine (burried deep), or an artery. All pretty well protected.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like a mechanical head that found the scapula to me. Pretty cool series of pictures. I'm betting that deer will be just fine.

loose_is_fast

McClure
Looks like it hit bone. Like the shoulder ball and socket joint. Could also be the spine but didn't cause enough trauma to paralyze the deer. Most fixed blades out of a modern compound can bust through the scapula. Hopefully the arrow shaft breaks off and it can start healing.[/QUOTE
???