Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Axe Restoration Build Along.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Very cool Tom! I just dropped a decent sized ash out back over the weekend with an axe for the 2 oldest to experience lol.

That collection is cool as hell man!

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Im looking for a real nice hatchet with wooden handle. I bought mine from menard and didnt take long for it break. Fugg

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Fugg off , dustin. Go drink your kind of drinks
. Tall chad....Because i dont wanna go broke

This is probably one of the last times i will drag this thread up. I have owned or have restored pretty much every major American brand and pattern of American axe. I sharpen cross cut saws and hang axes for collage timber sport teams, loggers and wildland forest fighters. Im not bragging, its just the extent I have gotten in to the axe thing.

I have a number axes i keep as users and ones that are more obscure that i collect. Recently I have started trading common american double bits for axes with people in England, Scotland, Austraila and now Wales. The Welsh used a some giant felling axes that weighed up to 10 pounds. I recently recieved this Elwell 6.5 pound Welsh felling axe. The eye on this beast is four inches long. It measures eleven inches from pole to bit and has a 6 inch wide blade.
20181120_125305.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Man thats bad ass! Drag this sucker up all you wish. Or feel free to start one yourself. I'm sure there are others here who would enjoy seeing them.

Reactions: "J" and Mike