Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone care to know?

Isaacorps

Columbus
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it! Not much of a story on this one (and I’m not much of a story teller). As usual I didn’t make it out as much as I woulda liked during prime time, hunted a couple days during gun with plenty of deer seen but no deals sealed, etc, etc. I had my heart set on getting it done during muzzy and it was looking promising with @Wildlife inviting me down to his place to hunt but, as fate would have it, it wasn’t meant to be and I couldn’t make it out. I had pretty much resigned myself to tag soup at that point. Mind you, I’m a meat hunter first and foremost and was not even remotely set on killing a buck, just filling the freezer. Of course if it was gonna happen on public after gun season it was gonna be buck or nothing. Fast forward to a couple days ago when a good friend of mine invited me to his place to try and fill my tag on one of his “small rack, big body” deer that he wanted thinned out. Uhh yeah, no problem! Got set up around 4:15 yesterday in a proven spot and it was curtains by 5:30. 15 yard chip shot that I, thank god, didn’t fugg up and watched him death wobble and expire within view 40 yards away. The whole thing lasted 30 seconds (that’s what she said). So all of that to say I’m super grateful for this deer and the opportunity I was given! Anybody have a good salsa recipe? 🤔