Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anybody putting in for draw hunts this year?

awpk03s

Help me understand these a little.... the dates are within regular hunting season, and many of these locations (Buck Creek, Deer Creek, Alum Creek, etc) can’t you public hunt anyway? Are these like special areas of these public lands that hunting is typically not permitted on for some reason? Sorry for my ignorance on this.... Thanks!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Help me understand these a little.... the dates are within regular hunting season, and many of these locations (Buck Creek, Deer Creek, Alum Creek, etc) can’t you public hunt anyway? Are these like special areas of these public lands that hunting is typically not permitted on for some reason? Sorry for my ignorance on this.... Thanks!
The areas listed for the special hunts are closed too public hunting normally. This allows for culling those herds too acceptable numbers....
welcome too the site...

Last edited:
Reactions: awpk03s and giles

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
I got the results of my dove permits....I got two.

Deer Creek on 9/1
Fallsville on 9/2

Have never hunted Fallsville and I haven't hunted the particular field on Deer Creek....the one right down range from the trap station at the shooting range. It looks really really long and narrow. May hunt there in the morning and if its not to my liking, may go to one of the other public fields at DC in the afternoon.

Anyone dove hunted Fallsville?

Reactions: giles

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Just purchased and/or donated to the following;
  1. DEER CREEK STATE PARK ARCHERY DEER
  2. BUCK CREEK STATE PARK ARCHERY DEER
  3. CAESAR CREEK STATE PARK ARCHERY DEER
  4. GALLAGHER SPRINGFIELD FEN ARCHERY DEER
  5. LAKE KATHARINE DNP DEER ARCHERY
Good luck everybody!

Damn!

Well, I knew it would be a long shot.

Good luck to all those that did get in and have fun!

20200805_141720.jpg

Buckkillr

Athens
My buddy's neighbor gets drawn every year. He says once your drawn and you kill deer(purpose of draw) that you'll get drawn every year. Whether any truth to that I don't know but he does get drawn every year, and I know he does cause my buddy always goes with him