Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Another Season Getting Underway

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
9497E150-8F7E-4DCA-B2CA-0B4558034CC1.jpeg

Got the boat outta storage today and got the ole girl home. Going to get it rigged up and ready for the water.... Looking forward to getting out and some water therapy....

EA0C4ECC-9E61-4FAF-A92B-5FA35A317627.jpeg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well went out to a local lake and it had whitecaps on it but managed to make it around for about an hour and a half, water temps were 52 and the fish didn’t want to cooperate. Missed 2 with one being about 18” on a white fluke. Wind was making it travel a little to fast but the 18” hit it pretty solid and too much slack in the line prevented a good hook set on it......

Heading to another lake this evening with a buddy and we’ll see what it gets is....

Felt good to be on the boats wearing shorts and a T-shirt to bad that wind was gusting to 25 mph....

Hopefully it lays down this evening....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Slow day on Milton last night, pretty much had the lake to ourselves and it was a nice evening being out there. Too bad the fish did t cooperate 😂We caught 2 small large mouths and missed a couple good bites... Had fun regardless and had a good time reminiscing about Lake Norman 😂😂😂

Big difference from that weekend 😂

Boat ramps are a treat as there was a pontoon blocking the ramp the guy couldn’t handle the boat in the wind and actually got mad at us as we pulled up and I got off the boat to go get the truck. My buddy commented on his lack of skills for not being able to handle a pontoon boat and that shit him up pretty good 😂😂😂😂😂He was frustrated and it showed 😂😂😂I just laughed and walked away.... Some people’s kids 🤪🤔

Reactions: Dustinb80