Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Alternate Heating Options - Pot Belly Stoves

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Not trying to through a wrench into anything...... but. What would it take to have a plug installed to your electric panel, so that you can back feed a generator into your panel. Enough to run the necessities. Fridge, freezer, furnace, and couple lights through the house?

As far as the furnace going out being a problem. Pellet stove, you could cut your gas bill substantially with that running regularly anyways. Just some food for thought.

Buckmaster

Portage
I’m all electric with a Geo heat pump. When the power goes out I have 2 kero heaters. Put one in the basement and second on the main floor, then get out the flashlight, extra blanket, and go to bed early.

bowhunter1023

Administrator
Staff member
Appalachia
Not trying to through a wrench into anything...... but. What would it take to have a plug installed to your electric panel, so that you can back feed a generator into your panel. Enough to run the necessities. Fridge, freezer, furnace, and couple lights through the house?

As far as the furnace going out being a problem. Pellet stove, you could cut your gas bill substantially with that running regularly anyways. Just some food for thought.
Not much, and that will likely happen long before I get a natural gas backup. When we refinance and go from the land contract to a mortgage, we will "make" a little extra on the turn so we can invest that in the house. I have a list of larger capital projects that I'd like to tackle and so if we get a good deal on the mortgage, we will likely wrap a few of those projects into the loan. Having some kind of backup electric/heat will be a part of that.