Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Albert season's update

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Hey yall! It has been awhile, sorry I have been AWOL! I am catching up on here and happy to see so many of you all have done so well this season! I have really enjoyed many of the write ups! Jesse - as always - great stuff on all your write ups buddy!

Life update - Work has been insane and I have been traveling often - 98 flight segments this year! Hence why I have not been on here as much. However, it has not slowed down my hunting too much. The wife and I are still great and the beagle dog is our number one buddy!!

Hunting update - I have sat uncountable hours this year and I have passed more 3 year old than I can ever remember (pics below of a couple), I had both these bucks at sub 12 yards and I just couldn't get myself to kill them. Most likely result in me eating tag soup haha but trying to kill a 4 year old! I have also had a few great encounters with target deer, in one situation I had one at 15 yards and needed him to take one more step - he chased a doe the other way, bummer! I was able to harvest a nice doe with my bow and it felt great to make a perfect heart shot one her.

Doe Harvest -
IMG_1776.JPG

Bucks passed -
IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Continued:

The main highlight of the season was my cousin - again - killing a great buck off farm (his 3rd in 4 years!!). We have been managing our 230 acres for almost 10 years now. We have finally started to see specific deer on camera year in and out. This buck I had pictures of last year at 3 and again this year. I saw this buck on the hoof 1/2 mile from where Zack absolutely deflated him an hour later.

I couldn't have been more proud of Zack and the farm, I have put countless hours working on over the years. Zack killed this deer on a food plot on an oak ridge, that is surrounded by clear cut thicket on 2 sides. Buck came out to push does, and Zack ran an arrow through him at 26 yards. A short blood trail and a typical tough drag in SE Ohio later, we had the buck hanging in the barn!

IMG_1713.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Awesome man! Glad to hear from you and that everything is going well. Keep after him, I hope you seal the deal.

Reactions: at1010

at1010

*Supporting Member*
A few of the bucks I have been chasing and trying to connect on, hence why I am passing some of the younger deer! Been fortunate to see some of these on the hoof! These are on two different properties.

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

Thank you all for reading along! I will keep you update and keep after them! Be safe!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great update Al! Congratulations to Zack on popping the lungs on that brute and to you both on securing your hunting future with that huge farm.👍🏻👍🏻

Reactions: at1010