Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

ABS module 04 Silverado 1500 4wd

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Guy said it the computer that controls the module

The only computer is the ECM and the only thing it does is tell the module the vehicle is in motion. If the vehicle is in motion and the ABS sensors on the wheels see zero wheel rotation it rightfully assumes a skid and modulates. All of the logic is in the modulator and rock auto has a ton of them in stock.

Even if he is talking about the ECU they have a ton of them in stock also for less than $200.. Which blows my mind because a ECU is usually freaking expensive.

1632973708784.png

1632973771613.png

1632973866436.png

Reactions: Geezer II

PSE13

Shelby
Anything that says “module” is considered a computer now a days. There’s over 30 on most newer cars. The ECM and EBCM talk to one another.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
The only computer is the ECM and the only thing it does is tell the module the vehicle is in motion. If the vehicle is in motion and the ABS sensors on the wheels see zero wheel rotation it rightfully assumes a skid and modulates. All of the logic is in the modulator and rock auto has a ton of them in stock.

Even if he is talking about the ECU they have a ton of them in stock also for less than $200.. Which blows my mind because a ECU is usually freaking expensive.

View attachment 136351

View attachment 136352

View attachment 136353
Thanks Joe - uhm not able to do much myself anymore - wife just got a new car so maybe we will go to a one vehicle family - the guy I took it to is a 3rd generation famile shop I have been going to for years and always got good service - don't think they want to do it he said " pretty rusty under there probably have trouble withh brake lines" - wtf

Last edited:
Thanks Joe - uhm not able to do much myself anymore - wife just got a new car so maybe we will go to a one vehicle family - the guy I took it to is a 3rd generation famile shop I have been going to for years and always got good service - don't think they want to do it he said " pretty rusty under there probably have trouble withh brake lines" - wtf
I could see that though being a concern in case one broke while under there. Would really want to have them all replaced if that is the case and maybe he was tossing out a warning for you just in case. Our 2004 Tahoe has had them replaced front to back a couple years ago due to ruptured line.

Reactions: Geezer II

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
I could see that though being a concern in case one broke while under there. Would really want to have them all replaced if that is the case and maybe he was tossing out a warning for you just in case. Our 2004 Tahoe has had them replaced front to back a couple years ago due to ruptured line.

Had them replaced once - it got 90000+ miles body still in good shape - only drive it once or twice a week - dang

Reactions: Big_Holla

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You wanna see mechanics freak out? Take a truck thats been in the snow belt too SC. They’ll see that rust and run for the hills 😂😂😂
They actually had my son sign a waiver removing his truck from the stealership because the brake lines had surface rust on them.