Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

.450 Bushmaster AR Platform

I assume you’re not interested in the fur? :). That will be a fun gun to field test on coyotes.

If/when the fur prices make it worth my time to drag them out, yes. At that point, I'll just shoot 'em in the noggin.
Otherwise, I'm going to enjoy cutting them in half, pulling their K9 teeth for making a necklace and keeping them from killing the fawns. :cool:

It just arrived today. Now, to get busy with some reloading and off to the range.

Bowhunter57

I assume you’re not interested in the fur? :). That will be a fun gun to field test on coyotes.
brock ratcliff,
No fur interest for me. Rather some payback, for the fawns they've been killing. :mad:

I've done my reloading and been to the range. This rifle has impressed me with 1 hole 5 shot groups at 100 yards. A gentleman, by the name of Branch Ousley has given me some tips on reloading. As it turns out, this rifle likes hotter loads than I normally reload for any cartridge. The Hodgdon online reloading data states that 38.5 grains of Lil'Gun is the Max load at 2298 fps.
I loaded a 37 gr. and a 38 gr. load using a Hornady 250 FTX bullet and at 50 yards it shot 1 1/2" groups. This was what I expected out of a large bore rifle. However, after a conversation with Branch, I loaded up 3 more sets of 38.5, 39 and 39.5 grains. At the range the 39.5 gr. load shot 1 hole at 100 yards! This would be an approximate 2550 fps. Branch is using 41 grains and getting 2700 fps. Definitely some serious knock down power, combined with excellent accuracy.

Side Note: I had to put Loc-Tite on the scope base and scope rings. The recoil rattled everything lose at one point, during some range testing and I had to start over. :love: Love the power of this rifle!

Bowhunter57

Reactions: Isaacorps