Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

.350 Legend

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
New straight wall cartridge from Winchester. .357 caliber, rimless (so it'll feed in bolt and semi-autos). Not much info yet, I expect more info will come at the Shot show.

Attachments

• 350 legend.jpg
    350 legend.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 609

Matt

Norton, OH
I imagine it will be smokin. .357 will be very light and it looks to have the same length as .450 bm, .45-70, and the like

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Looks like a lot of positives. Should make a good youth option too with the low recoil.

Anybody own any newer Winchester rifles? How's the quality? I'm more of a Ruger guy.

Reactions: 5Cent

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Looks like a lot of positives. Should make a good youth option too with the low recoil.

Anybody own any newer Winchester rifles? How's the quality? I'm more of a Ruger guy.
I’m with you. I’ve been extremely impressed with my Ruger American in 450. It’s affordable and absolutely drives tacks. Although I’ll admit the package deals Winchester is offering are tempting!

Lundy

This new caliber, by looking at the specs, is the .357 maximum reincarnated. I push, depending on the load, a 180 gr bullet between 2250 and 2500 FPS out of my two .357 Max rifles with extreme accuracy, downrange energy, and low recoil.

The real beauty of this introduction is that they are introducing a line of rifles for this new caliber. This will make rifles and ammunition readily available to everyone. Today all .357 Maximum guns are custom and you must hand load the rounds.

This will out perform any shotgun round available with better accuracy, extended range and much less recoil and much lower costs per shot. This would fit any hunters needs but be especially good for anyone sensitive to recoil and kids.