Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

3 D archery

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My kid is into it. He’s going as far down the rabbit hole as time will allow. He’s got a busy schedule ahead of him for the upcoming year. HS baseball has started. Once that is finished he will be playing Legion baseball into October. With that commitment, he will not be able to travel to all the ASA shoots. Likely very few if any. However, we have plenty of shoots within driving distance most weekends and I want to do my best to support what he’s trying to do. I always wanted to shoot professionally but could never find the time to commit. Currently, that’s his goal, so I want to do what I can to help him. I honestly think he has what it takes. I’m hoping to attend the IBO shoots. He needs to taste it at least a little.
With all that being said I thought I’d start a post to document the upcoming shoots and of course would like to see others’ pics, stories and scores from shoots.
Mason shot well Sunday at Apache bow hunters, placing third in the Men’s open class. It was his first time actually judging yardage and he did really well. I did not. He beat me by 10 points!:). He’s added a clarifier and 4x lens to his sight and will be shooting with it for the first time this weekend at Ross County. I’m sure that will improve his score a few points.
3DBCDBCC-BC0A-45DA-9C9F-17F48C19DC2F.jpeg
E1792E0A-4218-4A70-9B1E-C70988D1C288.jpeg
36B1D0A6-841D-47FC-B55B-BE03BD1E47A3.jpeg
57417754-B212-488E-BCD4-C52293574672.jpeg
F6D01E64-B846-46B9-8575-3EF1BDFF3768.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason Kade and I went to Ross County to meet up and shoot with an old buddy and his kids. We’ve been shooting together the last several weekends and it’s always a good time. Jesse, Joe and a few others here know him. We will just call him Sig. Today was just for fun and it’s a good thing because if there had been a 2 dollar trophy or money on the line, Mason would have blown a gasket. He screwed around with his gear a little this week and didn’t get it quite dialed in. He shot well, just not as well as he usually does. I whipped him today. :). Here are some pics.
5A478DBF-36D5-4F3D-AD78-E051B333E104.jpeg
1DD7DE82-D521-4F68-9787-D36AF11B9F26.jpeg
07632899-57D9-4DA0-B07D-AB0727F137CE.jpeg
E60230AF-85D9-453E-979F-973676483018.jpeg
FA974828-C163-4D84-9F44-C130BD618A84.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No sno today but it sure feels like it could! It was pretty nice on the sidehills but the ridges were downright nippy! Still it was a fun day on the course.
Mason has fixed the issues he had on the course today. It was funny, while we were shooting he said all he could think about while shooting at home was getting on the range. And then, once on the range, all he could think about was getting home so he could fix his gear. Isn’t it that way with most everything? Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That kid impresses me. I saw where he pitched 10 innings in a win the other day. I see him here competing (and doing well) with the menfolk in the archery shoots. Definitely some proud dad moments coming in with regularity. Keep it up Mason! Keep sharing too, Brock. I know I'm not the only one interested.

Reactions: finelyshedded

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That kid impresses me. I saw where he pitched 10 innings in a win the other day. I see him here competing (and doing well) with the menfolk in the archery shoots. Definitely some proud dad moments coming in with regularity. Keep it up Mason! Keep sharing too, Brock. I know I'm not the only one interested.
Thanks Phil. He makes up proud regularly, evident by my bragging. :) He did have a heck of a baseball game Friday too. He gave up two hits, walked two, 6Ks, and one earned run over ten innings. Not too bad against a pretty darn good team.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ha. Ole sig, been forever since I've seen that fella. Makes me feel old when I see buddies kids and can remember them when they were just little tikes. Ole Mason is one hell of a shooter for sure. Glad you guys had a good time.

Reactions: brock ratcliff

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
First 3D shoot of the year for me. First ever with my new Elite. Hadn't shot since March. First three arrows at the range were low. Next three better, next three stacked dead nuts. Ended up shooting a 285 hunters class. I couldn't have been happier. My only 5 was low on a whitetail doe out in open. I shot my 30 yd pin and she was 38. All my 8's were misjudged yardage. Directly in line, just elevation