Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2023 Ohio State Buckeyes

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Like an event menu, it's never too soon to start the thread! Especially when we get Cade Stover and Tommy Eichenberg back! IMO, Eichenberg may go down as an all time great OSU LB if he can build on this year. And as a former TE, Stover is one of my favorites Buckeye TEs ever. The WR room is still stacked and getting Williams back at RB alongside Dallas Hayden is also clutch. No excuse not to contend again, but obviously lots to work on before September.

Go Bucks!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I agree with the above. DBs need work and need to strengthen the line and add depth. No clue who will be quarterback. I don't know much about the next ones in line, but I hear good things. I suppose we will replace Stroud with another solid QB.

Reactions: finelyshedded

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hartline to OC. Overdue, but necessary. This team is shaping up very nicely!
Much overdue!!!! He is why our WR unit is in top 3 every year and arguably top corp since he’s retired from the NFL and was hired.IMO
Only other group would be Bamas and their best last year came from OSU through the transfer portal. They had some STUDS as well though.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Honest question: Hartline has never called plays, and Ryan Day's offenses always average well over 40 ppg. What more do you think Hartline can do for the offense? But he is the absolute best WR coach and recruiter in CFB

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Honest question: Hartline has never called plays, and Ryan Day's offenses always average well over 40 ppg. What more do you think Hartline can do for the offense? But he is the absolute best WR coach and recruiter in CFB
Good question Ryan but my take was mainly advancing/upgrading BH’s role amongst the coaching staff. Basically more money to make him happy and keep him with the team BUT like everywhere else that has some success and talent in coaching positions, there will be teams going after him for a HC position IF he continues to shine.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You somewhat answered your own question. He didn't become the best WR coach and recruiter in CFB by not being capable of doing things better than the guy who came before him. He's clearly very smart, great with players, and knows the Xs and Os of the game as well as anyone. Add in his playing experience and ties to OSU and he's the complete package. I can't cite any specific variable that will make him better than Day, but I trust in his ability to take things to the next level. You also have to consider that despite how good they were, maybe they were under performing (they were at times). I think the combo of a dedicated OC and a freed up Day will be a deadly combo.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Lmao

I mean no disrespect but was that his mom, dad or sibling?😳
Them celebrating with the gyrations not knowing he switched was hilarious though.

• Haha
Reactions: MoonLab