Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2021 Orange army

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
KIMG1002.JPG

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
9 does hit the ground on the farm yesterday from 14 hunters.

Today I'm hunting my property with a pretty nice view. I only know of one time in the last 15+ years, they allowed anyone to hunt this patch, and it normally had a ton of deer bedded on this hillside in the winter (thermal while coyote hunting).

Hearing shots all around but nothing other than a shadow at first shooting light.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio

When I first noticed him, he already got past my tree straight out at 50 yards. When he first stopped, tree limbs were in the way. When he stopped the second time just before entering the tall CRP, smaller tree limbs were still in the way, however I got through them and just missed him at 90 yards. He then turned and bolted back to where he originally came from, never stopping again, and I tried to shoot him up the ass at approximately 165 yards away. He really was too far for both shots with my deer slugs.

No deer seen and no shots heard. Already down. I'll be back out later.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Well crap couple does showed up before shooting light ended. I was waiting to let them feed on through, now I have 12 deer around me. Biggest one is a little 6 pointer.

this is a good problem, guess I will wait so see if I can get out of here without spooking them.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
8 does at last light, didn’t feel comfortable with the light available. So passed on them and hoping for better timing on their part tomorrow evening.
Did fill a tag last night with the same situation. Only difference was they were 10 minutes earlier and we didn’t have overcast conditions….
NE Ohio has too be one of the least sunny areas in America 😂

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Saw a spike this morning and a half hour before dark had at least three deer come in from behind and down wind…trotted off without me seeing two but I could tell by the directions they ran that there was at least two…the third ran up the side hill where I caught a glimpse of it but couldn’t tell if it was a buck or doe. Dirty bastards!