Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I gotta be honest - there were times at the start of this thing, when the news was showing how bad it was in Italy and shit was starting to ramp up in NY that I was really honestly scared - I'm an old fat guy. When I was young I thought I was bulletproof and invincible, but age is starting to be a bitch. But I'll admit that a few months ago my emotions were swinging back and forth wildly - I was putting on a brave front because both the wife and I were going to work every day (essential), all the while taking distancing and cleanliness precautions - but I went from positive confidence to doubt to anger over being powerless to outright fear - I went thru some times where I let the relentless news stories and negative talk at work overwhelm me - I'll admit I was terrified a couple of times, when I imagined getting it and as our boy said, heading toward a cliff. Fucking terrified. But then I'd pull myself together and realize the odds are in my favor. I'm still "staying safe", and I wear a mask when appropriate, and my main emotion now is just general pissed-offedness - pissed at those who politicize the situation, pissed at our inept government, pissed off at the lack of leadership in our culture, VERY pissed at the media. But I'm also over the terror - it tried to rear it's ugly head when I read LakeErieDoc's posts, but it was much easier to push down now that so much time has passed. I know it's real, my daughter in law had it, had some symptoms, got well quick. I hope I do the same if I come in contact.

Fuck covid.

But I'm mainly pissed at not being able to trust a goddamned thing I hear from the government or from the news.

Fuck terror. Fuck Faucci. Fuck Congress. Fuck the media.

Bless the front line workers, med folks, nursing home workers like my wife. Godbless LakeErieDoc - I know it's tuff, but you gotta keep at it.

Did I say Fuck Congress - yeah, fuck them twice...and all them SJW snowflake no-common-sense motherfuckers, and fuck the lyin'-ass Main Stream Media.

And fuck aging and macular degeneration while we're at it. Fuck Covid, three times with a cherry on top.
Didn't read every page but this post says it all for me!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I gotta be honest - there were times at the start of this thing, when the news was showing how bad it was in Italy and shit was starting to ramp up in NY that I was really honestly scared - I'm an old fat guy. When I was young I thought I was bulletproof and invincible, but age is starting to be a bitch. But I'll admit that a few months ago my emotions were swinging back and forth wildly - I was putting on a brave front because both the wife and I were going to work every day (essential), all the while taking distancing and cleanliness precautions - but I went from positive confidence to doubt to anger over being powerless to outright fear - I went thru some times where I let the relentless news stories and negative talk at work overwhelm me - I'll admit I was terrified a couple of times, when I imagined getting it and as our boy said, heading toward a cliff. Fucking terrified. But then I'd pull myself together and realize the odds are in my favor. I'm still "staying safe", and I wear a mask when appropriate, and my main emotion now is just general pissed-offedness - pissed at those who politicize the situation, pissed at our inept government, pissed off at the lack of leadership in our culture, VERY pissed at the media. But I'm also over the terror - it tried to rear it's ugly head when I read LakeErieDoc's posts, but it was much easier to push down now that so much time has passed. I know it's real, my daughter in law had it, had some symptoms, got well quick. I hope I do the same if I come in contact.

Fuck covid.

But I'm mainly pissed at not being able to trust a goddamned thing I hear from the government or from the news.

Fuck terror. Fuck Faucci. Fuck Congress. Fuck the media.

Bless the front line workers, med folks, nursing home workers like my wife. Godbless LakeErieDoc - I know it's tuff, but you gotta keep at it.

Did I say Fuck Congress - yeah, fuck them twice...and all them SJW snowflake no-common-sense motherfuckers, and fuck the lyin'-ass Main Stream Media.

And fuck aging and macular degeneration while we're at it. Fuck Covid, three times with a cherry on top.
Dan IS the man.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Look at the numbers world wide. I fear the USA we knew and served is a goner - ok tear me up - guess my failing was being a science/biology/ecology/shop teacher - dual certification

Blan37

SW Ohio
Heard a rumour from a friend in politics that dewine may announce a shut down of Hamilton, Butler and Cuyahoga counties at a special press conference he called for tomorrow. Really hope he’s wrong and has bad info.

Floki

Heard a rumour from a friend in politics that dewine may announce a shut down of Hamilton, Butler and Cuyahoga counties at a special press conference he called for tomorrow. Really hope he’s wrong and has bad info.

I think your freind May be on to something. Not sure what counties tho..