Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Like others, thank you for all you are doing in this fight. You can’t come into this thread though and judge all of us on some memes and our latest feelings on this pandemic. We’ve been through the highs and lows from before the stay at home orders in preparation til now. A lot of emotions and worry as well as seeing TOO family being directly affected by the virus. This is a place to vent and get things off our chests without the doomsday talk spread on the news OR the feeling we may be judged by someone who doesn’t know anything about this place. Not one of us denies the severity of this virus in so many cases. We also look at those who have survived as well though. Life is short, have no regrets and live how you want to, that’s America.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
It's been so long since I commented, my account was lost.

I just want to say in honesty. I work in CBus in the pediatrics but I have been assisting with COVID for the last 1.5 months in the ICU. I wish I could have the widows of the two patients who died this morning, 65 F and 41 M, see how their wife/husband simply died of the flu, of course an very unusual flu that required intensive interventional method that lead to two patients basically suffocating while we could do nothing.

Trust me, its all funny and fake until you get it; then we can see who the 'puppet' is -- I guess we can call the master of puppets the intubation tube we launch down your throat. Let me know when you want to come in for a day and actually learn something. This is disgraceful and I see why the US is doing so bad with this virus.

Maybe I will see you soon. Make sure you bring some memes - we can hang them up on the door.

Thank you Doc - keep up the fight - you are on the front lines - thank you for your service to the sick - don't mind the self styled experts the act and speak out in fear - there are a lot of good people on this site - you know what opinions are like from your anatomy classes - keep up the good work - thank you

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Like others, thank you for all you are doing in this fight. You can’t come into this thread though and judge all of us on some memes and our latest feelings on this pandemic. We’ve been through the highs and lows from before the stay at home orders in preparation til now. A lot of emotions and worry as well as seeing TOO family being directly affected by the virus. This is a place to vent and get things off our chests without the doomsday talk spread on the news OR the feeling we may be judged by someone who doesn’t know anything about this place. Not one of us denies the severity of this virus in so many cases. We also look at those who have survived as well though. Life is short, have no regrets and live how you want to, that’s America.

Agreed. Something tells me all 187 pages of this thread wasn't read prior to commenting. We've gone over everything there is to go over regarding a virus. Hell, there are pages upon pages where we talked about the disinfection of groceries.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I gotta be honest - there were times at the start of this thing, when the news was showing how bad it was in Italy and shit was starting to ramp up in NY that I was really honestly scared - I'm an old fat guy. When I was young I thought I was bulletproof and invincible, but age is starting to be a bitch. But I'll admit that a few months ago my emotions were swinging back and forth wildly - I was putting on a brave front because both the wife and I were going to work every day (essential), all the while taking distancing and cleanliness precautions - but I went from positive confidence to doubt to anger over being powerless to outright fear - I went thru some times where I let the relentless news stories and negative talk at work overwhelm me - I'll admit I was terrified a couple of times, when I imagined getting it and as our boy said, heading toward a cliff. Fucking terrified. But then I'd pull myself together and realize the odds are in my favor. I'm still "staying safe", and I wear a mask when appropriate, and my main emotion now is just general pissed-offedness - pissed at those who politicize the situation, pissed at our inept government, pissed off at the lack of leadership in our culture, VERY pissed at the media. But I'm also over the terror - it tried to rear it's ugly head when I read LakeErieDoc's posts, but it was much easier to push down now that so much time has passed. I know it's real, my daughter in law had it, had some symptoms, got well quick. I hope I do the same if I come in contact.

Fuck covid.

But I'm mainly pissed at not being able to trust a goddamned thing I hear from the government or from the news.

Fuck terror. Fuck Faucci. Fuck Congress. Fuck the media.

Bless the front line workers, med folks, nursing home workers like my wife. Godbless LakeErieDoc - I know it's tuff, but you gotta keep at it.

Did I say Fuck Congress - yeah, fuck them twice...and all them SJW snowflake no-common-sense motherfuckers, and fuck the lyin'-ass Main Stream Media.

And fuck aging and macular degeneration while we're at it. Fuck Covid, three times with a cherry on top.

Geezer II

portage county oh
I gotta be honest - there were times at the start of this thing, when the news was showing how bad it was in Italy and shit was starting to ramp up in NY that I was really honestly scared - I'm an old fat guy. When I was young I thought I was bulletproof and invincible, but age is starting to be a bitch. But I'll admit that a few months ago my emotions were swinging back and forth wildly - I was putting on a brave front because both the wife and I were going to work every day (essential), all the while taking distancing and cleanliness precautions - but I went from positive confidence to doubt to anger over being powerless to outright fear - I went thru some times where I let the relentless news stories and negative talk at work overwhelm me - I'll admit I was terrified a couple of times, when I imagined getting it and as our boy said, heading toward a cliff. Fucking terrified. But then I'd pull myself together and realize the odds are in my favor. I'm still "staying safe", and I wear a mask when appropriate, and my main emotion now is just general pissed-offedness - pissed at those who politicize the situation, pissed at our inept government, pissed off at the lack of leadership in our culture, VERY pissed at the media. But I'm also over the terror - it tried to rear it's ugly head when I read LakeErieDoc's posts, but it was much easier to push down now that so much time has passed. I know it's real, my daughter in law had it, had some symptoms, got well quick. I hope I do the same if I come in contact.

Fuck covid.

But I'm mainly pissed at not being able to trust a goddamned thing I hear from the government or from the news.

Fuck terror. Fuck Faucci. Fuck Congress. Fuck the media.

Bless the front line workers, med folks, nursing home workers like my wife. Godbless LakeErieDoc - I know it's tuff, but you gotta keep at it.

Did I say Fuck Congress - yeah, fuck them twice...and all them SJW snowflake no-common-sense motherfuckers, and fuck the lyin'-ass Main Stream Media.

And fuck aging and macular degeneration while we're at it. Fuck Covid, three times with a cherry on top.

You forgot Roger Stone

Geezer II

portage county oh
workers talk to a COVID-19 patient at Houston's United Memorial Medical Center on July 2. Note: The women photographed is not the patient who appears in…
A patient in their 30s reportedly died from coronavirus after attending a "COVID party," according to healthcare officials in San Antonio, Texas.
"This is a party held by somebody diagnosed by the COVID virus and the thought is to see if the virus is real and to see if anyone gets infected," Dr. Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children's Hospital, told News4 reporters.
"Just before the patient died, they looked at their nurse and said 'I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it's not,'" Appleby said.
Appleby decided to make this case public to urge Bexar County natives, particularly young people, to "realize that this virus is very serious and can spread easily."
Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
A patient in their 30s reportedly died from coronavirus after attending a "COVID party" in San Antonio, Texas.

According to healthcare officials, before the patient's death, they admitted

Geezer II

portage county oh
workers talk to a COVID-19 patient at Houston's United Memorial Medical Center on July 2. Note: The women photographed is not the patient who appears in…
A patient in their 30s reportedly died from coronavirus after attending a "COVID party," according to healthcare officials in San Antonio, Texas.
"This is a party held by somebody diagnosed by the COVID virus and the thought is to see if the virus is real and to see if anyone gets infected," Dr. Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children's Hospital, told News4 reporters.
"Just before the patient died, they looked at their nurse and said 'I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it's not,'" Appleby said.
Appleby decided to make this case public to urge Bexar County natives, particularly young people, to "realize that this virus is very serious and can spread easily."
A patient in their 30s reportedly died from coronavirus after attending a "COVID party" in San Antonio, Texas.

Sounds fishy

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

The media is trying to point to every case they can to validate their fear mongering. If you notice they mentioned the patient's young age, the fact that they ignored the government orders, the fact that they thought it was a hoax. Yet no mention of preexisting conditions, complications, or that only 0.07% of those 18-34 with confirmed cases die and that most of those have prexisting health conditions, or that 70-90% of people who get it don't even know they have it, or only have cold like symptoms. They cherry picked that case and portrayed it like if the boogeyman got that girl who regretted her actions, and if that's so then it can get you to, and by the time you're sorry it's too late.

Here is a great article by the American Council on Science and Health that slices the data by age, race, and looks at the whole picture.

https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/06/23/coronavirus-covid-deaths-us-age-race-14863

Geezer II

portage county oh
The media is trying to point to every case they can to validate their fear mongering. If you notice they mentioned the patient's young age, the fact that they ignored the government orders, the fact that they thought it was a hoax. Yet no mention of preexisting conditions, complications, or that only 0.07% of those 18-34 with confirmed cases die and that most of those have prexisting health conditions, or that 70-90% of people who get it don't even know they have it, or only have cold like symptoms. They cherry picked that case and portrayed it like if the boogeyman got that girl who regretted her actions, and if that's so then it can get you to, and by the time you're sorry it's too late.

Here is a great article by the American Council on Science and Health that slices the data by age, race, and looks at the whole picture.

https://www.acsh.org/news/2020/06/23/coronavirus-covid-deaths-us-age-race-14863
How does the media get away with this - were can we get the truth

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well I ain’t apologizing for shit. I work in the first responder world. I’ve been tested twice for being in contact with someone finding out they had it. It’s real, it affects people differently, so does the flu. No one in their right mind would subject themselves to an illness and not knowing the ending.

I’m currently sitting with my dad in the hospital, he’s almost 82, has severe dementia and the dr says he has chf.

We all gonna die, I choose not to die foolishly. Everyone is their own person and should act on their own conscience, also while not trying to have an ill affect on someone else.

I’ve seen a lot in my profession, most will never see. My message is live your life, cause it’s short and memories fade.

Carry on!

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.

Boom!