Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.

It's been so long since I commented, my account was lost.

I just want to say in honesty. I work in CBus in the pediatrics but I have been assisting with COVID for the last 1.5 months in the ICU. I wish I could have the widows of the two patients who died this morning, 65 F and 41 M, see how their wife/husband simply died of the flu, of course an very unusual flu that required intensive interventional method that lead to two patients basically suffocating while we could do nothing.

Trust me, its all funny and fake until you get it; then we can see who the 'puppet' is -- I guess we can call the master of puppets the intubation tube we launch down your throat. Let me know when you want to come in for a day and actually learn something. This is disgraceful and I see why the US is doing so bad with this virus.

Maybe I will see you soon. Make sure you bring some memes - we can hang them up on the door.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member

I just want to say in honesty. I work in CBus in the pediatrics but I have been assisting with COVID for the last 1.5 months in the ICU. I wish I could have the widows of the two patients who died this morning, 65 F and 41 M, see how their wife/husband simply died of the flu, of course an very unusual flu that required intensive interventional method that lead to two patients basically suffocating while we could do nothing.

Trust me, its all funny and fake until you get it; then we can see who the 'puppet' is -- I guess we can call the master of puppets the intubation tube we launch down your throat. Let me know when you want to come in for a day and actually learn something. This is disgraceful and I see why the US is doing so bad with this virus.

Maybe I will see you soon. Make sure you bring some memes - we can hang them up on the door.
You must be fun at parties😐

Imagine your car is headed for a cliff and you are perfectly aware but your brakes failed. No way out of the car and you are going to go off the cliff. I have been with these patients for 2 weeks, 6 days a week. They were driving closer and closer to the edge and we could not do anything.

I cannot say I am fun because I am have been dealing with people who do whatever the hell they want and they get the virus so we have to care for them. We aren't going to refuse anyone but it is tempting. True conversation from Monday "Have you been maintaining social distancing and practicing the CDC recommendations for personal hygiene" the answer "I thought this was all fake and over blown" - We sent him home and he is back now admitted on watch.

Nonstop for almost 2 months. I do kids, not their idiotic parents.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Imagine your car is headed for a cliff and you are perfectly aware but your brakes failed. No way out of the car and you are going to go off the cliff. I have been with these patients for 2 weeks, 6 days a week. They were driving closer and closer to the edge and we could not do anything.

I cannot say I am fun because I am have been dealing with people who do whatever the hell they want and they get the virus so we have to care for them. We aren't going to refuse anyone but it is tempting. True conversation from Monday "Have you been maintaining social distancing and practicing the CDC recommendations for personal hygiene" the answer "I thought this was all fake and over blown" - We sent him home and he is back now admitted on watch.

I think most of us have watched family or friends die of Cancer or other diseases that had no chance to beat them. Humans can't hide forever from viruses. At this point, we all know the risks. While I appreciate the work you're doing, I dont believe anybody on here doesn't recognize it's a real problem. But you just come here after how long and what feels like guilt tripping people for not living in utter fear.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

First. Thank you for your efforts of care. Now, beside hiding in our homes until we successfully destroy the livelihood of all Americans and erase generations of earnings, what is your proposed solution? Do you have a solution that isn't worse than the virus itself? Coming on here with a misericordiam statement about your work is not a solution. We understands this virus kills people, everyone understands the risk they're taking. Showing up and tugging at the heartstrings with personal observations doesnt change anyone's opinion. Hiding from this, destroying the livelihood of Americas and small business that took a lifetime to build is not a solution. Erasing tens of millions of jobs and crippling companies for decades is not a solution. Erasing the retirement accounts of hardworking Americans who are laid off is not a solution. The reality is, there isn't a solution, people are going to die. 480k people in the US died last year from smoking-related diseases yet I can walk my happy ass right down to almost any store and buy all I want, over 300k died from obesity yet we haven't closed a single McDonalds or destroyed the local burger joint. It sucks, its sad, but its reality. Too bad that Fauci blatantly lied to Americans about the effectiveness of mask from the start so that medical providers could suck up supply maybe it wouldnt be so hard to convince people now. Still. That is only a delay tactic not a solution.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Your speaking from your experience with the virus. The worst part of it, the 1-2% of the people who get it and it doesn’t end well for them. I get it. Much like you, I know people who consider themselves on the “front lines” of it. New York City and Texas front line types. They have my respect for dealing with all of this. But,and there’s always a but. Most of us won’t get it, and if we do, we’ll barely know we had it. Or it’ll kick our ass and we’ll say it’s the worst flu I’ve ever had. Or we’ll see another professional like yourself as the life drains from our vessels.....
Its all about what you perceive with all this misinformation that most are seeing. Its hard for a person too be that worried when 6 months into this, we have less deaths than what TB took from the world last year.....

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member

First and most importantly thank you for all you do on the front line of this.

Here is where most are at. Most information that comes out is BS. Most of the hospitals have their hands tied in how they treat patients. What's approved what's not. Many doctors will tell you that what works they are now told not to use. Look at OSU. They are told not to use hydrochloriquin or how ever it is spelled but they have had great success.

It all sucks. What's worse is that medical treatment has become political.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My thanks go out for your services to those battling. I won't lie. I laughed out loud at Sgt Fury's meme. As Giles said, vent away. Educate us. Scold us if you feel the need. We won't break. It is good to hear other view points. This place is full of prior military, current military, first responders. . . Sometimes you need a laugh before you drive head first back into the shitstorm.

Jamie

Ohio
It’s a lot of work attaining this level of asshole! Thanks for the compliment.😂😂

even more work to maintain it. ;)

I have a powerful compulsion to pile on the good doctor, but I'll refrain because I think he's just plain frustrated and angry like the rest of us. nobody with a IQ over 80 thinks this is "fake" or "funny" it is something far worse than that. it's political and perfidious. We (us free people who still think for ourselves) are tired of being lied to and treated like imbeciles while our leaders continue to cover their own asses and extract as much political capitol from this pandemic as they can. Do us all a favor fish doctor; keep up the good work and direct your anger to where it belongs. Send your rant to your Governor and your congressman. Although they cannot fix stupid any more than you or I, they can, at very least, be honorable in their efforts to do their fucking jobs.