Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2019-nCoV (Coronavirus)

Cogz

Cogz
TX
Hey China. HUH?
1586487063508.png

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Everyone can make their your own determination however, I felt this was worth pointing out in case you weren't aware or missed it in today's federal press briefing.

As to my expectation. (problem - reaction - solution)

No doubt - I expect more mega monopolies to come to our rescue with these (supposedly) new (more invasive) solutions for the current problem/crisis.

IMO - liberty/freedom/privacy may be at risk for the sake of safety (health) - to calm/minimize anxiety,fear and hysteria?

Of course they suggest in the article that the consumer/customer will be able to opt out, but I don't believe it.

Anyhow, you can make your own determination for yourself. I felt that this was worth pointing out/sharing in case you weren't aware...

Apple and Google Are Teaming Up to Build Coronavirus-Tracking Tech. Hold Your Applause.

31 minutes ago: https://gizmodo.com/apple-and-google-team-up-to-build-coronavirus-tracking-1842795771

"As the global coronavirus pandemic continues to spread and testing remains criminally limited, Apple and Google have announced a partnership to roll out contact-tracing technology to track the spread of covid-19."

Just a little back drop of just one of the organizations and there's plenty more out there if one chooses to do some research. If so, might also consider researching DARPA Lifelog/Facebook and Google's involvement with China's surveillance programs as well and why some of their employees took a stand.

https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/how-the-cia-made-google-e836451a959e

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Some promising news out of Germany today... This still doesn't negate the potential for the virus to overwhelm hospital systems like we're seeing in New York but the end fo the tunnel may be closer than we think.

A study by the University of Bonn has tested a randomized sample of 1,000 residents of the town of Gangelt (an epicenter of the outbreak in Germany) and found that 2% of the population was currently infected and 14% were carrying antibodies suggesting that they had already been infected — whether or not they experienced any symptoms. Eliminating an overlap between the two groups, the team concluded that 15% of the town have been infected with the virus [source]

If these findings are correct, Germany’s actual death rate could be as low as 0.22% (2,607 deaths / (2,607 cases that have resulted in death + 1,172,000 cases that have resulted in recovery)). Assuming 14% of the German population of 83,700,000 (1,172,000 people) have been infected and have recovered. [source]

One thing they said today on the WH press conference is they don't know yet how long the antibodies last in your system. Will they only last a year or will it be like chicken pox where you get it once and then you are immune for life or will it be in between.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
One thing they said today on the WH press conference is they don't know yet how long the antibodies last in your system. Will they only last a year or will it be like chicken pox where you get it once and then you are immune for life or will it be in between.
When my sisters both got chicken pox when we were kids, they tried like hell to give it to me, but I never got a single symptom. Later in life I was going to get the cp vaccine, but my doctor insisted that I get checked first. I indeed had chicken pox at some point. Just an interesting memory.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa

Some promising news out of Germany today... This still doesn't negate the potential for the virus to overwhelm hospital systems like we're seeing in New York but the end fo the tunnel may be closer than we think.

A study by the University of Bonn has tested a randomized sample of 1,000 residents of the town of Gangelt (an epicenter of the outbreak in Germany) and found that 2% of the population was currently infected and 14% were carrying antibodies suggesting that they had already been infected — whether or not they experienced any symptoms. Eliminating an overlap between the two groups, the team concluded that 15% of the town have been infected with the virus [source]

If these findings are correct, Germany’s actual death rate could be as low as 0.22% (2,607 deaths / (2,607 cases that have resulted in death + 1,172,000 cases that have resulted in recovery)). Assuming 14% of the German population of 83,700,000 (1,172,000 people) have been infected and have recovered. [source]

How’s that line up with the cruise ship data where all were tested versus how many died?

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Coronavirus was detected in Massachusetts sewage at higher levels than expected, suggesting there are many more undiagnosed patients than previously known, according to a new study.

Researchers from biotech startup Biobot Analytics collected samples from a wastewater facility for an unnamed metropolitan area in late March, according to a report Tuesday on medRxiv.

Eric Alm, one of the authors of the study, which has not yet been peer reviewed, stressed that the public is not at risk of contracting the virus from particles in the wastewater, but they may have the potential to indicate how widespread the virus has become, Newsweek reported.

“Even if those viral particles are no longer active or capable of infecting humans, they may still carry genetic material that can be detected using an approach called PCR (polymerase chain reaction),which amplifies the genetic signal many orders of magnitude, creating billions of copies of the genome for each starting virus,” Alm told the outlet.

The researchers, along with a team from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard, and Brigham and Women’s Hospital, analyzed the samples and found the number of coronavirus particles equated with 2,300 people being infected with the virus.

But at the time of tests, there were only 446 confirmed cases in the region, according to the study.

“It was interesting that our estimation was definitely higher than the number of confirmed cases in the area,” said Mariana Matus, CEO and co-founder of Biobot, according to Stat News.

The researchers shared their findings with local health officials, who said it was plausible there were hundreds of undetected cases.

“They could believe that [our] numbers could be correct and not out of the realm of possibility,” Matus told the outlet.
https://nypost.com/2020/04/09/coronavirus-traces-found-in-massachusetts-wastewater/

Attachments

• 1586566492519.gif
    1586566492519.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 241
Reactions: brock ratcliff