Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2018 Fish

Big H

Medina
The "perfect fishing partners" thread made me think about last year and fishing with my wife. She absolutely loves to fish, so much so that I have to tell her that it is time to go and she pouts about stopping LOL.

So I started looking through my phone and realized that we had a pretty good year of fishing in 2018. We started off in January in Cabo San Lucas on a "work" trip, where we had a blast catching striped marlin. I caught 2, Kristi caught one and several of my clients caught fish. We then went to Florida in March for a long weekend golfing and fished on the Gulf and had a blast. We limited on walleye nearly every time out on Lake Erie, plus caught some nice steel head. We capped off 2018 with another trip to Florida and despite the wind, caught a pile of fish inshore casting to docks. We didn't get to fly fish the Rocky or the Grand rivers for steel head as much as normal last year. That is going to hopefully be incorporated into the mix this year.

Attachments

• January 2018 Striped Marlin.JPEG
    January 2018 Striped Marlin.JPEG
    275.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Steehead.jpg
    Steehead.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 180
  • March 2018 Florida.JPEG
    March 2018 Florida.JPEG
    188.7 KB · Views: 137
  • December  2018 Florida Fishing.jpg
    December 2018 Florida Fishing.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Striped Marlin 2018.jpg
    Striped Marlin 2018.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:

Big H

Medina
This was shortly after she had her surgery for breast cancer and she was in the middle of her radiation treatments. She was really sore, but wanted to get out on the lake. This was also the last trip in our old boat before we bought the center console.

Attachments

• Kristi.jpg
    Kristi.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 150

Big H

Medina
Keeping our fingers crossed that our flight leaves as scheduled at 6:30 Sunday morning with all this snow we are supposed to get....

Reactions: Sgt Fury